Problem with 11 and 18

drogon

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I tried that (even by making 18 ridiculously long).

Works 9 out 10...unfortunately when I am wrong (or the driver is deaf) then this is a long walk from 11 to 18...

Thanks, will try in English first then in Thai.

This said, the good point when going back as sex tourist in July -> whenever I go back to soi 11 -> I do intend to have a lovely Thai lady, thus she can tell the driver the correct soi

:grin:

Move to soi sib-song....no problems then :)

Actually, talking of numbers, my friends family pissed themselves whilst I was learning.

Thai numerals are pretty straighforward, ie. 11 = 10+1, 12=10+2 etc. However, as most of you know, 20 is the oddity, I originally thoguht it was song-sib (2 x 10), until they corrected me with yee-sib.

Be interested to know why 20 is so different.

Actually, talking of numbers, my friends family pissed themselves whilst I was learning.

Thai numerals are pretty straighforward, ie. 11 = 10+1, 12=10+2 etc. However, as most of you know, 20 is the oddity, I originally thoguht it was song-sib (2 x 10), until they corrected me with yee-sib.

Ah yes, weedhopper. And when you discover the answer, you may move on to the mystery of "oneteen-twoteen".

Only then will you be ready to face the ultimate ... the Zen of Yip-ha.

i explain it to you:

In Thailand you are full-aged with 20 years.

The young people shout Yeepee i'm 20!!! :birthday:

And because they don't want to say Yeepee! i'm soong-sip! they easy say:

[color:blue]Yeepee! :yay: I'm Yee-sip!

[/color]

:tophat:

Actually' date=' talking of numbers, my friends family pissed themselves whilst I was learning.

[/quote']

Ah yes, weedhopper. And when you discover the answer, you may move on to the mystery of "oneteen-twoteen".

Only then will you be ready to face the ultimate ... the Zen of Yip-ha.

The worst is trying to tell time Thai style...

Archived