Problem with 11 and 18

drogon

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to have this problem and don't anymore. Not sure why but I'd go with iikrang's advice on making the vowel longer. Also go a bit harder on the 'b/p' sound of sip bpaird.

Now can someone cure my problem with pronouncing 'reo' (as in 'fast')? I can rarely get any fucker to understand this (which is frustrating because usually I want to say it when I'm receiving a bj) :doah:

Usually they look at me blankly and don't understand or think I've said 'laayo' (which means 'bad' :doah: )

This problem's killing me :(

Now can someone cure my problem with pronouncing 'reo' (as in 'fast')? I can rarely get any fucker to understand this (which is frustrating because usually I want to say it when I'm receiving a bj)

as you deal usually with the average Isaan BG you should say this in Isaan language: wai wai der!

she will understand and finish you off in a second! :neener:

sip-bpaet rhymes with rat' date=' hat, mat.[/quote']

actually more with BAD and MAD! :neener:

No it doesn't. Never mind that number 8 ends with do dek à¹Âà¸?à¸?, a final consonant in any thai syllable is never pronounced as "d", but changes to "t".

I am trying to find the best way not to be misunderstood (especially by taxi drivers)...

It seems that sometimes I pronounce correctly and sometimes not...

As I intend to stay on sukhumvit soi 11

(Fraser suite) I do not like the idea of ending on soi 18.....

I have had that problem a few times...ok, many times as well, but it seems lass and less these fays. I often say Soi Sip-et, and then say sip nueng right after, incorrect, but the drivers get a laugh and take to my hotel.

If it means anything, I know 2 Thai girls, one from Khanchanaburi and one from Si Saket who had the same problem as well. :)

Archived