Mortgages For Foreigners

Well, as you are filthy I'll answer

So, me mucky mate , its like this:

I did some consultation work for the father of a Thai MP in a province near Bangkok. Both are friends. Anyways, one of his family took me down to BKK bank in this province and I secured a 5million baht mortgage on a condo over 10 years.

7 years later, I gave it to my wife for 5000 baht cause Im jai dee.

Remember that finance company operating like mad just before the crash, now what was its name. Ah, yes...'Fiannce one' . Now, do you think all those cunts getting huge loans qualified? Did they fook as like. Its Thailand, it all comes down to who you know and what you are worth. SOPs are there to be broken.

Lovely.

"A Thai MP": that puts it in perspective!

As I and Hardy641 have been saying all along, there are no mortgages to "farangs" in Thailand (in Thai baht, from local Thai branches and, god forbid, at Thai conditions)!!

If there were, you wouldn't need Thai MPs to vouch for you at the bank, would you..? :)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didnt act as guarantor.

But .... I got another one for you. My mate got a loan from Krung Thai too in HIS name with NO refernece to his Mrs on the loan docs, though, she was the owner of the property upon closing the mortgage.

He didnt act as guarantor.

Yes I understood that, I meant that he "supported" your application. Why did you have him "taking you down to BKK bank"? Would you have got your mortgage if not for him?

That was the point.

But .... I got another one for you. My mate got a loan from Krung Thai too in HIS name with NO refernece to his Mrs on the loan docs, though, she was the owner of the property upon closing the mortgage.

So another OT example!

So far you are the only one who seem to have got a mortgage IN Thailand on HIS property but you managed that only because your Member of Parliament Thai friend "accompanied" you to the bank (or do you think otherwise?).

BTW, it was a minor point but what were the conditions of that mortgage? You haven't detailed them.

Frede,

Save your breath arguing with Figleaf, he is so myopic he thinks that because he was not good enough to stay in Thailand than the same rules apply to all.

MeDong, save your breath to address my long and detailed post on that other thread which still remains unanswered...

See if you manage to scrape together a post on my arguments and not on my persona.

We are still waiting for the details about your mistery mortgage. Frede has offered them and so we have ascertained that he got his because of the intervention of a Member of Parliament. That's how the discussion can progress.

Happy loop-jumping to you and your family! :thumbup:

You say this a lot. You seem to take great pride in your long and detailed posts, which not surprisngly tend to go unanswered!!

You mean they are too complex and too detailed for you guys to follow and understand?

You might have a point...

Archived