Taking her to another Asian country

gobbledonk

Hi All,

Ran into an Aussie guy in Vientiane who told me that he is going to relocate his Chiang Mai BG to Vietnam to see how well she can adjust to another country. He seemed pretty clued up on the failure rate in Farang countries (as OH pointed out in the other thread, that isnt restricted to BGs ..).

Apparently, there arent many Thais in his part of Vietnam, so I have to wonder how well this will go. He said she is making all the right noises, but he accepts that its going to be tough on her - different food, language etc : welcome to our world, dar-ling ! :smirk:

Personally, I wonder why more guys dont take their intended to Malaysia for a 3 month trial before doing anything drastic in Thailand - is it something that most of the girls would simply reject immediately ? I've seen the reactions when you mention 'Muslim', and we've had plenty of threads where the Thai tendency to racism and xenophobia are discussed in depth, but if she cant handle a country an hour's flight from home, similar climate etc, what hope when she is 12 hours away by plane and snowed in ?

Thoughts ?

Gobble, who sees Malaysia through very rose-coloured glasses

Is it really much of a test? A friend took his Thai GF to VN, where everyone spoke Vietnamese to her ... and got irritated when she didn't answer them.

Sounds like a stupid idea to me. If I wanted to see if a gal could "adapt" to Australia, I'd take her to Singapore.

Sounds like a stupid idea to me. If I wanted to see if a gal could "adapt" to Australia, I'd take her to Singapore.

He is an Australian living in Vietnam - he has a business there and has no immediate plans to return to Oz or any other Farang country. Not sure if the same applies to all the expats in Thailand, but I suspect that many have no plans to return to their own country.

Wonder if he asked her how she felt about his plan...

Er, yeah - I kinda think that was the part about her 'making all the right noises', bust ...

I am continually surprised by my fellow board members - on the one hand, I get hammered for putting the girls on a pedestal, yet here the Aussie guy is seen as making her life difficult for no apparent reason. How the hell does taking a girl to Laos/Cambodia force her to confront culture shock if she already has a cultural connection with those folk ? Meanwhile, Farang are expected to move up-country, learn a new language/culture and negotiate countless obstacles on the way to developing something beyond a sexual relationship ?

By taking her out of her comfort zone, he stands a much better chance of seeing the real person under the charming mask, IMO. If bargirls are all the lazy, shiftless lot that they are reputed to be, it wont take long for the cracks to show.

End of the day, if she wants the longterm paypacket that our friend represents, she needs to be in the same country where he earns that paypacket. He freely admits thats the only thing that will keep her out of the bar : time will tell whether or not he has found the right combination of girl and country.

Of cause she making all the right noises....like you said "if she wants the longterm paypacket that our friend represents"

Anyway just seems a lot of work to finalize a transaction.

I think its easier to adapt to Viet Nam for a Thai girl than to farang land. And she can go home on trips often. Its still vital that she knows Thais there. She is a foreigner there. Make no mistake about it.

Viets and Thais do not always mix so well together.

It can work well, but only by a Thai network of friends and frequent trips home.

Archived