Taking her to another Asian country

gobbledonk

Sounds like a stupid idea to me. If I wanted to see if a gal could "adapt" to Australia, I'd take her to Singapore.

He is an Australian living in Vietnam - he has a business there and has no immediate plans to return to Oz or any other Farang country. Not sure if the same applies to all the expats in Thailand, but I suspect that many have no plans to return to their own country.

Ah, okay ... that's a horse of a different gender. If he actually has a reason to be there, then it makes sense. Thais and Viets traditionally don't get along very well though.

Anyway just seems a lot of work to finalize a transaction.

The 'transaction' is that he hopes to build a life with this girl - not something that the majority of board members would recommend, but there you have it. Compared to the risks he would be taking if he built her a house in Chiang Mai and spent time travelling between Vietnam and CM, I dont see this as a lot of work. YMMV.

'Why not just find a Viet ?' would be my question, but the heart wants what the heart wants. I have to admit that the Vietnamese language sounds like someone running their fingernails across a chalkboard, but I didnt question his choice - up to him.

Some of the Vietnamese women are absolutely gorgeous. Even the Thai soldiers who served in South Vietnam used to say that. But the Viets are more like the Chinese than they are the Thais, Cambodians and Laos. Different temperment. Different brand of Buddhism too. A Thai gal might find the temples a bit strange.

This is actually a better idea than building a house in CM, if that's where she's really from. (Most of the BGs in Chiang Mai seem to be Isaan gals nowadays.) This will be a test, no just a handout.

Good luck to him. Some guys have lived happily ever after with an ex-BG. Hope he will be one of them.

'Why not just find a Viet ?' would be my question, but the heart wants what the heart wants. I have to admit that the Vietnamese language sounds like someone running their fingernails across a chalkboard, but I didnt question his choice - up to him.

Exactly.....Vietnam has some honeys. I am starting to believe there are less complicated places to fall in love... :)

I had a gorgeous polite type GF in Vietnam, quarter French and raised Roman Catholic. Her bitch of a mother forced her to marry some guy she'd never even met.* They still do that there. Arranged marriages are the rule and the gal can't say no unless she is over 21. Mine was barely 19. Beware. :(

*The SOB had seen her at church and immediately wanted her. He arranged things with mama behind the gal's back. Mama even hid her ID card, without which the gal couldn't even travel anywhere.

:onfire: :cussing: :onfire:

Archived