Thailovelinks experiment

drogon

Stickman sure gave TLL a raving review.

http://www.stickmanweekly.com/StickMarkII/ThaiLoveLinks.htm

A bit too rave. Perhaps some business relationship there?

Anyways gave it a shot and within 24 hours of putting up my honest profile ("just want to have fun") I have gotten over 30 "interested". Half are in their 20's (I'm well into my 40's) and maybe half of those have (supposedly) university degrees and good jobs. Worth a shot I guess.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Especially when you do realise that some of them really have university degrees and do really work at a company's office and are not freelancing on the side......

Of course, there are also many looking to get laid and some looking for hard cash against hard flesh.

:beer:

He has a bunch of ads including Google. You can make quite a bit on advertising. It's all about traffic. He has an alexa rank around 110,000 so that's pretty decent traffic. More than enough to pay for the hosting plus some pocket money.

I will probably need to visit the site to sort this out for myself, but I am curious about the language used in the posts. I would think it would be obvious to spot BGs from their English.

I occassionally receive emails from BGs, and they generally consist of a curious mix of sound-bite phrases that are, surprisingly, idiomatically correct. Unfortuantely, however, the overall structure and grammar of their posts makes them barely intelligible. I suspect they pick up various phrases from various Farang customers, but donâ??t know how to put them together into an intelligible message.

In an office setting, however, when Thai staff draft an email or letter, the grammar and usage are correct, in strange sort of sense, but can still be difficult to understand - at least on first reading. I can usually figure out what they are trying to say, but I have to be very careful since they are often full accidental and, unfortunately, intentional ambiguities â?? say, when someone doesnâ??t know the answer, but doesnâ??t want to admit or take the time to track down the right answer. Candor is not a Thai virtue. This is a serious and persistent problem in a work setting where clarity and honesty is required.

What I am getting at here is this: the English used by both BGs and professionals here is often problematic, but there are obvious differences. I wonder if these differences are detectable on dating websites?

When some chick 24 year-old says she's looking for a guy 35-80, that is a bit of a clue, no?

Oh, did I mention the pics of the poster in a bikini in some resort?

HH

Hey I'm one of the worlds biggest cynics about this stuff too. Here I am about a week in and the results are....well frankly AMAZING!

I am quite certain the guys speaking badly of it or kind of not saying much are trying to keep it quiet.

Right now I have about 15 girls who all want to be my 'tour guide'. At least half are guaranteed almost 100% positive regular girls with regular jobs or students. They webcam me from their office desk and/or I can see when they log into MSN. The others seem like regular girls but I have not verified one way or another. Many of the bargirls are pretty easy to spot. When they post pictures in their profile of them in a hotel room sitting on the bed or getting ready to leave it is pretty obvious (yes there are several profiles with those sorts of pictures...LOL!)

I have 2 separate unrelated 18yo's who webcam with me in their school internet room. The uniform, other students in the background, the supervisors/teachers in the background. They both want to be my 'tour guide'. I think with those they really are maybe thinking they will get something financially out of it but they definitely are students. Too young for me so I won't pursue it but they contacted me not the other way around.

I have another 25yo university student. She webcams me from her dorm room. Her hours are definitely that of a student. Of course there is always the chance she could be working in a fishbowl in the evenings. In Thailand you never know.

I have another one that is 100% guaranteed totally normal everyday girl. She travels almost 2 hours every day from the suburbs to her job in an office near downtown. I webcam with her at her home. She is sweet as hell but very limited english. She wan't to be my gf but is very scared (rightly so) that I will butterfly. I am really scared with that one because she is just too damn sweet.

For whatever reason these girls just seem to decide they are going to be your girlfriend at the drop of a hat even without your agreement and once that happens you should not be talking to any other women and that is that! This seems to happen after only a couple webcam chats! It's bizzare!

So those are just a sampling. I have ones from near the Laos border, Surin, all the way down to Hat Yai near Malaysia and all points in between! I am not spending much time on those because I know it is not realistic for me to get out there. I'm just concentrating on BKK girls who seem a bit more realistic about it anyways. They see Farangs every day so they are not quite so facinated by the idea of a Farang boyfriend. The girls further out from BKK are like shooting fish in a barrel.

So that is the easy part. The hard part is how to set realistic expectations and filter out the really emotionally fragile ones. I don't want to leave any wreckage behind, just leave it as you found it sort of thing and hopefully leave them feeling better than when I found them.

This is a dangerous thing for people with weak moral compasses. You can do serious damage because a lot of these girls really are delicate flowers that fall in love way too easily. It's a whole other side of Thailand that's for sure. Not something to be taken lightly because if they do sleep with you it will be because they see it as taking it to a higher level. A level where exclusivity is mandatory in their eyes and probably where they are already imagining what your kids will look like and what their names should be. It would be a very low life move if anyone went into this just looking to bang a bunch of GTG's but I think this is great for someone looking to have a serious relationship.

Try be nice and honest...please.

EasySt

I am quite certain the guys speaking badly of it or kind of not saying much are trying to keep it quiet.

is directly because of

It would be a very low life move if anyone went into this just looking to bang a bunch of GTG's

because this is a mongering board after all.

EasySt

is directly because of

It would be a very low life move if anyone went into this just looking to bang a bunch of GTG's

because this is a mongering board after all.

Could have fooled me with all the GTG, relationship, and marriage talk on this board. Of all the boards this is probably the least monger oriented. Not saying it's good or bad. Just sayin.

Archived