Former Mrs. Hippie...

Old Hippie

Just sounds like a normal marriage to me....backgrounds and the sacrifices made are irrelevant.

Don't over 50% of marriages fail anyway these days... :dunno:

Also keep in mind you are only getting one version of the story here....always two sides.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frankly, I don't think she is too concerned over how long it takes.

Update, last night, she called from the airport in L.A. she was thinking of turning back and trying it "one more time..." I told her I would not render an opinion on it, but did review the facts, mainly that he was willing to force her out into the streets naked at 3 a.m. and all the other gripes she had, and all the promises he had failed to live up to. Having seen them together many times, I do think he is controlling, and *maybe* a bit dangerous if he got pissed or didn't get his way, him trying to force her out at 3a.m. as proof.

She did say she thought life might be a bit better here once she got settled, a job etc, and *IF* he got a job, but also felt he would not try. She did say she felt there was no real reason to stay if she wasn't happy. And I am pretty sure she got on the plane home.

He did tell her if she got on the plane, the marriage was over.I pointed out that *if* he really did love her, and want her, he might have been willing to extend a window of return, try to work it out, show he would improve etc, she agreed.

I frankly think this looks like a case of him wanting a play thing here, that was just going to be like a Thai holiday here. I also think she went into it not really knowing what she was in for, and maybe a bit of unrealistic expectations, mainly, she is not going to easily change a spoiled rich 40+ year old "kid."

Archived