The Davis Bangkok - Guest Friendly?

theaceofspades

Hi all, I will be arriving in BKK 22/07/08. I am planning on staying 5 nights or so then heading to Pattaya for the first time. My previous 3 visits I have stayed at The Ruamchitt above the Thermae. This time whilst I will likely spend a fair amount of time lurking in or outside the Thermae I am keen to stay somewhere a little more luxurious.

I have found a good deal at The Davis - 2600baht a night but have been stung with joiner fees at the Baiyoke Sky on my first ever visit to LOS so I am a bit dubious about booking a classier establishment if I will get whacked with joiner fees whenever I feel the need to er entertain guest(s)

Cheers for your help guidance & advice in advance.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes this is a very gf hotel.

Do not worry.

If you look for a classier one.

Jw Marriott and Sheraton Grande are Gf too...

Other than that, dream hotel is gf

-> this info comes from relations who stayed there in the past 3 months, so this is quite up to date

It's probably too late, but I found The Davis uninspired in most ways, and while they didn't physically or financially prevent my girls from joining, there was an anti-monger vibe when I was there (shortly after opening, maybe things have changed and they've had to face the fact that they aren't a posh boutique, they're just another cookie cutter on an odd edge of Suk). For that price, Grand Dynasty or something is probably better?

ys

Sure he does

Chuwit controls the Davis Group which owns six luxurious massage parlors near Ratchadaphisek Road in Bangkok (Copacabana, Victoria's Secret, Honolulu, Hi Class, Emmanuelle and Julianna), employing some 600 women. The Davis Group's holdings also include the Davis Hotel and shopping mall on Sukhumvit Soi 24. Yearly revenues have been estimated to be about 1 thousand million baht per year.

wikipedia

Ah now I remember what I didn't like about the place! The building is the same depressing layout as any massage joint on Rachada, except that they've thrown some silk and other stuff on the walls! Half expect to see the room cleaners with their disinfectant kits laying around in the hallways... Like the Mercure in Pattaya, I really don't like it when they just take a crap concrete block building and try to pretty her up with the usual cosmetic touches -- I'd rather just tell it like it is and pay the 4,500 baht/month (or whatever it is these days)for the real thing, unadorned. And then to have the staff put on airs, like the building they work in isn't just one small degree of separation from all the usual massage blocks...

Nothing against Chuwit or his mps, however. And the bulldozing was hilarious (hey, no one got hurt, and the town got a park - for a while, I guess. Anyone know whether the land was donated, or is he just dressing that place up until his political ambitions are over?

yimsiam

yimsiam

I have come to the conclusion that choosing a hotel is the same as choosing a girl at a gogo...

Just when you've barfined the hottest girl there an absolute stunner walks in & gives you the winning smile & you end up kickin yourself for settling for second best & thinkin... If fcuking only I'd....

Anyway after a bit more research, I've crossed The Davis off my list. Does anyone have any feedback on The Windsor Suites?

Looks pretty good on websites & almost on the doorstep of Soi Cowboy. 1600 baht a night is cheap enough but maybe not... if its a roach infested fleapit that discourages mongering by charging joiner fee's & other anti monger procedures?

Any info on The Windsor Suites or any other quality/value lodgings in the Sukhumvit area will be appreciated & I may even make an appearance at one of the Fri night meetings & shout a round!

Cheers in advance

Hi

Sheraton Grande.. has promos / offers, look at there web site, where you can get a room double with ABF between B 5 to 6k, which is pretty good deal, being a GF hotel with all the lux., thrown in.

The security & doorman treats all women with a smile & wish - does not matter even if you BG walks with a dress which screems "whore"

cheers

Archived