The Davis Bangkok - Guest Friendly?

theaceofspades

I still prefer serviced apartments...plenty of them now.

Fraser suites: sukhumvit soi 11

Center point everywhere.

natural ville.

the legacy soi 29, adelphi suites soi 8, aspen suites soi 2 from compass hospitality group...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YimSiam - you do know that the Davis was built to be a Soapy Massage place, but wasn't able to open as such, so Chuwit changed it to the hotel that it is now.

Ace of Spades - Windsor Suites is a nice/ok place, but you will get hassled bringing in guests. The website makes it look much nicer than it really is.

Hmmmmm its all too hard & in the grand scheme of things its not my priority to be surrounded by luxury furnishings & English linen whilst in the LOS! Maybe I'll just go back to the familiar surrounds of The Ruamchitt & either pay 1200baht for an old delapitated room or splash out 1800baht for a refurbished room.... I wonder if the Thai defination of refurbished is the same as the Australian definition!???

Roll on July 22...

Hmmmmm its all too hard & in the grand scheme of things its not my priority to be surrounded by luxury furnishings & English linen whilst in the LOS! Maybe I'll just go back to the familiar surrounds of The Ruamchitt & either pay 1200baht for an old delapitated room or splash out 1800baht for a refurbished room.... I wonder if the Thai defination of refurbished is the same as the Australian definition!???

Roll on July 22...

To pay 1200 Baht a night for Ruamchitt is ok. Most hotels around the 1000- 1200 price range are old and basic. However to pay 1800 Baht a night for any room in that hotel I think is pretty crazy. Its a shi. hole. Old, dirty and plenty of much better places around.

If you were paying 1800 Baht per night. You should be paying 2060 Baht per night for a fantastic hotel like the Citi Chic. Room equivalent of a 2500 Baht per night one. Modern, nice fittings, new, free internet in all rooms. 32" Lcd tv, Bathtub and shower . Nice quality of bedding.

Luxurious for the money. Why would anything pay 260 Baht less for a room like you would get at The Ruamchitt. Guess its me then!

I see your point re value for money, but the Ruamchitt for me is all about the location & streetside activities/entertainment after everything is closed at 1am. When I was last there 2 years ago evrything was worn & tired then so I expect it to be pretty ordinairy now! Approx 700 - 1000 more BG's have copped a hiding on the already lumpy & worn out beds. I did receive an email from Ruamchitt stating that the diff between the 1200baht rooms & the 1800baht rooms is that the latter have been completely revamped & have new furnishings. As for the CitiChic I would like to give it a go & have researched it already, is your quoted rate of 2060 baht avail for 2 rooms?

1 x room 20/07/08 - 27/07/08 & 1 room 22/07/08 - 27/07/08. If so I'm keen & will book it straight away.

Cheers

I see your point re value for money, but the Ruamchitt for me is all about the location & streetside activities/entertainment after everything is closed at 1am. When I was last there 2 years ago evrything was worn & tired then so I expect it to be pretty ordinairy now! Approx 700 - 1000 more BG's have copped a hiding on the already lumpy & worn out beds. I did receive an email from Ruamchitt stating that the diff between the 1200baht rooms & the 1800baht rooms is that the latter have been completely revamped & have new furnishings. As for the CitiChic I would like to give it a go & have researched it already, is your quoted rate of 2060 baht avail for 2 rooms?

1 x room 20/07/08 - 27/07/08 & 1 room 22/07/08 - 27/07/08. If so I'm keen & will book it straight away.

Cheers

I have just checked and Citi Chic can confirm both rooms for both periods. This hotel is so damn good its not true.

Tim

A friend stayed in Ruamchitt in March and he had a refubished room for 1200 baht. He is a frequent visitor there so maybe that's why he got it at that price. I saw that room and it was ok for the price I think.

I used to stay in that hotel years ago regularly as I liked the swimming pool on the rooftop. Stopped going there when they raised their price and hassled me with guest fees but now if I would get the refurbished room for 1200 I would consider it again. My friend hasn't paid joiner fees there ever even I have had to on two occasions so I'm not really sure what their policy is??? Maybe they hassle normal guests and leave the repeat customers alone?

I have never been hassled about guests there ever, a couple of times I have complained about a noisy/faulty aircon or the constant noise from the construction going on next door & have been moved immediately to another room without a drama. Whilst drinking in the Bush Bar or Thermae I was able to use the toilet in the lobby without paying the usual 10baht.

As stated in earlier post I absolutely love the location & laid back attitudes of the staff but I would like to stay in a little more luxurious surroundings this time. The Citichic looks pretty good but regardless of where I end up staying I will undoubtedly end up spending a fair amount of time hanging out at the Thermae & on the street/steps outside after hours anyway so maybe it would be better to just stay at the Ruamchitt & use the energy saved by not traipsing all over the place for er more fulfilling & satisfying activities!

Archived