Guest Friendly Hotel Reeccomendations in Chiang Rai

theaceofspades

Close to the Nightlife spots.... hmmmm Pattaya we are not.

The WangCome is in the right place and the right price but not sure about guests.

Just checked my files, it has a "joiner fee".

Baan Bua Guesthouse on Jet Yod (the Bar Street) is a nice, clean and cheap place, my mate from Chiang Mai stays there all the time and says its as good as a lot of the hotels for a fraction of the price. No probs with guests either.

The Diamond Park Inn looked nice when I picked up a couple of mates last year. I never heard them complaining about any guest hassles either.

Depending on how long you stay there, if the farang nightlife scene gets a bit tiresome ask one of the taxi/tuktuk drivers to take you to a Thai Karaoke bar. It can be a real blast and the girls great fun.

Just watch your manners though, the locals will welcome you as long as you're polite.

Baan Bua Guesthouse on Jet Yod (the Bar Street) is a nice, clean and cheap place, my mate from Chiang Mai stays there all the time and says its as good as a lot of the hotels for a fraction of the price. No probs with guests either.

Brian, the owner of Ban Bua died suddenly last year. His wife continues to run the place but prices have doubled; I don't know if she continues his liberal policies but she didn't seem to mind in the past. Rooms there are basic, motel style but the grounds are really beautiful and the breakfast one of the best around.

Archived