33 Indonesia 1 1 3 =5

35 Finland 1 1 1 =3

39 Thailand 1 0 0 =1

45 Sweden 0 3 0 =3

55 Malaysia 0 1 0 =1

55 Singapore 0 1 0 =1

55 Vietnam 0 1 0 =1

72 Nations with medals :deal:

Mentors...this is not meant as a reply to anything you said.

I was working around the house today and had the Olympics on. I was subjected to the exciting sport of syncronized swimming. If this is not the lamest thing I have seen, I hate to see what is worse. Firstly, why is this a sport? Secondly, why is it an Olympic event?

At best, this is entertainment. If this is a sport then they should allow professional wrestling as a sport and an Olympic event. Sure, it takes stamina but come on....anyone who thinks either of these is a sport has to be joking.

I used to HATE football (soccer). I now enjoy watching it. I can change but I am pretty sure I'll never enjoy watching this event.

I think softball and baseball are having their last run in this Olympics. They are way more of a world-wide sport. Think I'll start a petetion to get rid of syncronized swimming. Anyone care to sign up?

Agree it is stupid just like rhythmic gymanastics. I think they should get rid of all women events and eliminate all weight classes--and that's just for a start. And sort out preliminaries and semifinals before the olympics so we don't have to have those yawners filling up time. Also fairly miffed at the two hour tennis final of russia vs russia aired in its entirety thinking, gee I wonder which country is going to win and shutting it off.

i will have to disagree with the last 3 posters.

i like technical events which are so hard to master.

they might be boring to watch but the swimming and gymnastic events mentioned are so hard and take Years to perfect.

i know 2 Sisters who used to swim for GB and their dedication was immense.

i would imagine all the board members could run 100m,maybe a mile.

they are easy sports to have a go at,though it takes talent to become a champion.

i'm not a great fan of power/explosive events,i like grace and skill.

but i like events i used to take part in while younger.

long/triple jumps,triathlons/110m hurdles and marathons are events i like.

this Years men's/women's triathlon were impressive,even though the course was boring.

and the Women's marathon was unmissable.

Agree it is stupid just like rhythmic gymanastics.

as i said in an earlier post rhythmic gymnastics is a very skilled sport,try it for yourself............

so do you agree with the Marathon qualifying?.

races at various places around the World which each Country set a qualifying time?.

i have run many marathons and if you have done the same then respect to you.

i once ran 7 marathons in 7 months and i know that a world class athlete cannot do that if they want to compete at the highest level.

marathon running on the TV can look very boring but it's a real test for the runners.

i was only a jogger but got round many marathon courses and i admire the runners.

I like gymnastics. I can take a few minutes of diving as its very athletic and those double twists, whatever they are looks impossible to do.

However, I don't think you can call something a sport that requires a judge to tell you who won. That is a contest, like a beauty pagent. Why isn't Miss Universe a sport then? They have a talent portion that takes some physicality.

Unless a spectator can see who won for themselves like football, baseball, basketball, etc. its not a sport but a contest.

in most sports there will be refs/umpires making decisions.

someone has to decide wether a 100m runner has gone off too quickly or wether a swimmer has jumped too soon.

just watched the Womens 10k open water swimming marathon.

inaugral event and fascinating to watch.

many types of tactics allowed including pulling your opponents legs to slow them down and slapping them in the face if you can get away with it..........

the 2 Brits led up until 15 Metres from the end and had to settle for Silver and Bronze.

the 19 Y.O Russian won the Gold and kept up her record of not losing an open water race for 4 Years.

good to see that the Brits never made any official complaint about the Russian.

in the post-race interview they they were plainly unhappy about the antics of the Russian but accepted the dirty tricks and the medals they had won.

remarkable to think many of these Girls swam in the pool events for their Countries.

very different to swim 800m in the pool and then swimming over 6 Miles in open water.

i used to swim for fun many Years ago and had a partner who joined me for a slow swims during hot afternoons.

the longest we ever swam non-stop was around 2 Miles in about 2 Hours.

i definately admire these women for swimming over 6 Miles at a racing pace in under 2 Hours.......

WTF is BMX Cycling doing in the Olympics????????????

no need for it i thought until i saw all the crashes and the 'Athletes' going arse over tit and bringing down their opponents and blood everywhere...... :)

love it...............

Archived