What's the cheapest thing in 7-11?

JCK

During a recent visit to Malaysia, I entered a Kuala Lumpur 7-11 (no Sawut dee ka’s there) and bought one can of Singha, the price of which was RM5.40. I went to pay for the beer with a RM50 note but they had insufficient change.

I thought about how different the 7-11’s are here. Everyone knows they exist in Thailand just for people to buy the cheapest possible item and get change of B500 and B1000 notes.

I was wondering, I normally buy the crappy chewing gum for B10. If I do this every two days, that’s about B1800 a year! Do 7-11’s sell anything cheaper? What do you normally “buy” in 7-11 to get change?

[ January 03, 2002: Message edited by: JCK ]

JCK --

The 7-11 on Sukhumvit, soi 13 has a five (5) baht crappy pack of chewing gum!...

It's that gum that becomes rock hard after only three minutes of chewing...

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

I had a quick look in the Asoke 7-11 yesterday. I only found Juicy Fruit chewing gum and Mama noodles at 5 baht.

But 2 baht tissues? Wow - useful too!

How much are the donuts? yum

What about Singapore? The 7-11's must be really crap without any chewing gum.

quote:

Originally posted by Chanchao:

You can just ask for change you know. :-)

As for the cheapest USEFUL item, I'd say the Polo mints.

What? do you have a particular special use for them? I guess the obvious is that if you have bad breath or are a smoker then they are useful..

How much is a small bag of Lay chips..you know, the ones when upon opening the air-packed bag there are about 7 chips in there. I think they are 6 baht.

Archived