Punters Beware!

youngfarang

This was my second time in Bangkok and one of my first times in a gogo bar. I couldn't help notice how young these girls looked like...some looked like they were as young as 16!!! That is beyond belief to me. I asked my dad who has been to thailand more than ten times if its ever been like this and he said he's never seen it this bad before. BEWARE of how old they say they are. SOme actually were honest and said they were too young to work in these bars. The minute I hear that I'm am running out the door afraid of how many underage girls work there. How do the cops just let this happen?!?! I no every bar has to pay T money but I thought underage working girls was not allowed PERIOD NO EXCEPTIONS! I guess I was wrong. I have not had much experience in Thailand but be aware of this to any newbies going to thailand. I've heard stories of where you bring back to your hotel to young of a girl the hotel clerk calls the cop and the cop comes and arrests you and demands alot of money, and the bad part is that its a setup...and sometimes the underage girls are in on it. They make a call while in your room on their phone and 2 minutes later cops show up. Everybody gets there cut of the money and you are in deep shit. Im sure most of you know about this and probably have heard this story several times but I just had to write about this information because it seems like nothing is happening to stop this!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a few young 'uns out there, but not many. The police (in BKK anyway) check on this and will bust places. Most owners will not take the chance, especially in the farang areas. Of course, that doesn't stop some gals from using their older sister's ID...

The reality is that 99% of Westerners have no idea how to tell the age of an Asian. Shit, my ex-wife was in her late thirties and getting carded everywhere when we were in the States (and even got denied service at a couple of places because they did not believe her ID :doah: )...

But still, you offer good advice.

Cheers,

SD

I am suprised no one has mentioned the 543 rule.

That is the year in Thailand is Gregorian Year Plus 543, ie this year is 2008 + 543 = 2551.

Now if you whore de jour is 21 she would have been born in 2530 so a quick look at her ID card (unless it is a forgery) will tell you her age.

I dont expect people to do the maths at 2:00 AM whilst drunk and horny but this year at least just remember if the last 2 digits are 30 or less than she is probably of legal age. There is no problem of asking a BG to see her ID card as a lot of hotels ask to hold onto ID as protection for the punter.

Problem is that forgeries are very rare, but using an older friend/sister's is not so much so. My own daughter did that to get into some Thonglor & RCA dance/music clubs a few years back when she was 13/14 (as I now know cuz she told me :doah: ).

So you can do all that math and still be wrong!

Cheers,

SD

Problem is that forgeries are very rare, but using an older friend/sister's is not so much so. My own daughter did that to get into some Thonglor & RCA dance/music clubs a few years back when she was 13/14 (as I now know cuz she told me :doah: ).

So you can do all that math and still be wrong!

Cheers,

SD

Kudos to her for telling you....

But did you kick her butt for it?

some looked like they were as young as 16!!!

That is a fairly common observation by tourists, but it is just how they look. Thai girls of age are often short, with tiny bodies, undeveloped curves, playful, and cute. Many a tourist who glimpse past a curtain in patpong swear all of them must be 15 when some that captured their gaze are double that.

SOme actually were honest and said they were too young to work in these bars.

I am not saying you are wrong, but consider this. Girls wouldn't lie about their age would they? And some think saying that increases their desirability.

In my observation ages have gone up a bit ever since they increased the minimum age from 18 to 20 during the Thaksin crusades. But it is inevitable some fly under the radar at times which happens anywhere in the world just the same.

Your advice is probably good for first timers to LOS. Better safe than sorry. But the scam you mentioned is not as common as you seem to believe. And most first timers will think, like you, that every girl in the bar looks under age. If you ask their age, they will tell you whatever they think you want to hear. If you act interested (or surprised in your case) when one says she is 18 and then don't barfine her, the next girl will say she is 17.

Rather than scare every first timer into thinking he needs to take home a girl with saggy tits and stretch marks to avoid the monkey house you could follow some simple rules:

Barfine from an established bar (been around a long time and has lots of customers).

Ask the girl if she has ID and tell her she needs to leave it at the front desk when you go back to your hotel.

Make it clear when looking for a girl to barfine that you are not interested in barfining any girl who is underage to keep them from thinking that is what you are looking for.

Some additional advice that your dad apparently didn't give you on your first trip: Don't pick up girl or ladyboys off the street. There is usually a good reason why they aren't working in a bar.

Kudos to her for telling you....

But did you kick her butt for it?

I walked the line. Since it was 5-6 years ago, how pissed off can you be? I told her that she was wrong, and that I was happy she spilled the beans.

Really, despite a few hiccups during the "puberty years" when all teenage girls lose the plot, she & her older sis really were great kids and now are (somehow, no idea how LOL) great young adults!

Cheers,

SD -- proud of the cubs

I can't believe this post is getting serious responses. This guy's obviously a windup. (FieryJack is my first guess :) )

First he's chased by gangs of ladyboys in a Keystone Kops style and now this? His dad thinks this is the youngest he's seen bargirls in 10 visits? Yeah, right... :smirk:

Or are you lot in on it too and keeping it up? Is it for this reason: "... scare every first timer into thinking he needs to take home a girl with saggy tits and stretch marks..."? :)

By the way, jonjon, none of your advice there really works! :)

"Barfine from an established bar (been around a long time and has lots of customers)."

The girls I know who are underage work in some established big bars with plenty of customers. In fact, all of them. :)

"Ask the girl if she has ID and tell her she needs to leave it at the front desk when you go back to your hotel."

What Suadam said about ID. :)

"Make it clear when looking for a girl to barfine that you are not interested in barfining any girl who is underage to keep them from thinking that is what you are looking for."

They'll just tell you they're 20 in this case. :) (Some young 'uns sometimes forget that they told me the truth the first time and tell me they're 20 the next time!)

"Some additional advice that your dad apparently didn't give you on your first trip: Don't pick up girl or ladyboys off the street. There is usually a good reason why they aren't working in a bar."

Yes (but not necessarily the ones you're thinking of). It's more convenient, they like to be their own boss with their own freedom of hours, etc. Could be simply that.

This whole thread's hilarious.

Archived