Vista sucks!

Old Hippie

Had this damned computer a few weeks,m had the techs on the phone, 4 fucking times and they are now finally admitting they have no clue what is wrong, the words replacement and return, and exchange etc are starting to come up more and more.

Essentially, it shuts off mid operation, takes (at times) 20+ minutes to shut down, and 15+ minutes to start up, other times it runs just fine. Several times, I have been doing photo work, or another program, and a Message pops up "Windows has encountered a problem, an needs to close, then shuts off, losing what I was doing.

In short, my new dream machine is seriously pissing me off big time. Many people I tell this to are blaming it on Windows Vista. So, anyone know about this? have any problems, or remedies? I am going to try and return/replace this fucker this week on my day off. I am that pissed off.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last computer, it was a software conflict...the ISP software was in conflict with some programs, I ditched Norton AV and Earth link, and all was fine...

I got this machine for speed, and reliability, I don't seem to be getting it. As I said, this is a brand new machine, and it occasionally runs as bad as my old one.

My old Toshiba laptop does the same thing all the time. It crashes for no apparent reason, starting the damn thing up seems to take half a fucking morning. I've always thought that some virus was the reason but maybe I'm wrong. I'm very close to chucking the damned thing in the bin. :banghead:

I had the Toshiba M60 ...was going to cost 600Aud to fix it(shut down ) ...i bought a new HP and no problems anymore ..no way i will buy a Toshiba again

I've got similar problems myself, ironicaly on my new Toshiba laptop, it would appear Vista has issues with Toshiba computers (I won't be buying another Toshiba) I did find a worthwhile benefit by turning off the semi transparancy graphics option. It has worked better since.

My old Toshiba laptop does the same thing all the time. It crashes for no apparent reason' date=' starting the damn thing up seems to take half a fucking morning. I've always thought that some virus was the reason but maybe I'm wrong. I'm very close to chucking the damned thing in the bin. :banghead: [/quote']

I had the Toshiba M60 ...was going to cost 600Aud to fix it(shut down ) ...i bought a new HP and no problems anymore ..no way i will buy a Toshiba again

Agreed, Toshiba sucks.

Been giving me headaches for the last 18 months.

Bought a Compaq 6 months ago and it runs like a dream.

Archived