Vista sucks!

Old Hippie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vista does definitely have some, shall we say, "issues," but properly tweaked it is pretty awesome, at least for me. I'm running Vista x64 on a Lenovo T61p w 4 GB of ram and a 7200 rpm 200GB HD and I'm having a great time with it and am able to run just about everything I want, including some programs that use unsigned drivers. But I know a lot about technical stuff and it has taken some tweaking (and turning off certain Vista "features" to get my machine running the way I want. But I do like Vista's Aero interface and have kept that. I shut off UAC and Windows Defender and have replaced those with other things like, Comodo Firewall Pro, ESET AV, and Superantispywarepro (all latest versions). Also I have my machine set up to boot automatically with driver signing disabled which allows me to run programs with unsigned drivers which I do a fair amount of.

BTW, the guy who told you not to install windows updates is a total idiot. If you do nothing else, always install windows updates, at least for your operating system (OS). They fix bugs and security issues and sometimes enhance functionality. They are very important.

However, don't install hardware updates that are offered by windows update. It's usually better to get those from the manufacturer of the hardware than from M$.

Archived