Japanese Condoms in a Tight Spot

USVirgin

Seoul subway removes Japanese condom ads over territorial row

SEOUL, July 17 (RIA Novosti) - The Seoul subway has taken down advertisements for Japanese condoms amid outrage in South Korea over Japan's renewed claim to a disputed group of islands.

The Korea Times quoted a Seoul Metro official as saying the adverts inside the carriages, calling Okamoto condoms 'Japan's No. 1', "could run counter to public sentiment following the eruption of a fresh row over Dokdo."

The latest dispute over the Dokdo islets, controlled by South Korea and located halfway between the Korean mainland and Japan, flared up at the start of this week when the Japanese government announced that new teaching guidelines for schools would state that the islands are illegally occupied.

The subway official told the paper that any breach of contract issues over the condom advertisements are a matter for Okamoto, Japan's largest condom maker, and the subway's subcontractor in charge of advertising.

Japanese condoms, which have a history stretching back centuries, are known in Asia for their colorful and often humorous packaging.

On Monday, South Korea recalled its ambassador from Tokyo over the re-ignited territorial row, and on Wednesday protesters pelted the Japanese Embassy in Seoul with rotten eggs and vegetables.

Japan claimed sovereignty over the islands, which it calls Takeshima, in 1905, soon before its occupation of Korea, and ceded control after WWII. The islands cover a territory of only 187,000 square meters but are surrounded by rich fishing waters.

While South Korea says it has owned the territory since the sixth century, Japan claims that it had effective control of the islands since the 17th century when its fishermen began using them as docking points.

Link

I've lived in Japan for over a decade. :grin: Don't get me started... :cussing:

Trying to get a Jap condom on my cock after a few ales? :drunk: Like trying to shove a raw sausage into a Yale lock, mate. :relieved:

And I'm not a particularly 'large' man. :o

Not a small man either, like. :nono:

jack :help:

For an outsider it seems to be a storm in a teapot, but for the Japanese and Korean nationalist the dispute about this tiny island is quite important. As we currently experience in LOS a false move can quick become an military confrontation between two nations.

See for example here a Korean protest against Japan: Korean protesters smash birds with hammers

Anyway, this island doesn't have any value, except that the area around it might have some natural recources in which of course both countries are interested in.

The f*cking jap right-wing national front lads (Aikoku-to, or Uyoku,they're known as) :grin: ride past my house about once a week, large tattooed skinheads in their huge black yakuza-sponsored-vans, speaker atop the roof blaring "Kick the Chinese out! Foreigners out! Let's invade Russia! The Emperor is a God!" (I kid you not) and no c*nt bats an eyelid. :shhh:

Here come the bastards now! Great for a Sunday morning hangover. :doah:

Here they come again! And here comes the Yak boss guy at the end to smash the foreigner's camera...

They get free gas at gas stands because everyone's shit scared of them. :o

jack :help:

Archived