Fucking TG!

Gawd, has customer service gone downhill. A couple of weeks ago, I tried to change my tix date here in the US. No joy. I finally sent a nastygram to them in the US and got results:

[color:red]Hello, I have been calling the US 1-800-426-5204 number for five days now, 10 times a day, and have NEVER had the line not busy -- unless it is after hours then I get a recording that you are closed! No one ever answers the NYC phone 212-949-8424 x901. There is no facility to do this simple change online. Very poor customer service. I need to change my flight from 30 June to...[/color]

OK, both the Thai service staff and the US responded with a lame excuse about being so busy with freq. traveler tix expiring on 30 June. But they did it.

So I have to change again, to this Tues. Calling? Same-same, no joy. Now I have emailed them each day now for a week. I finally get a response:

[color:red]Regarding change flight reservation, please contact at phone 02 3561111 or email address: . Due to we cannot access the reservation system.

Thank you for your kind patronage.

Yours sincerely,

Ruchalin Svastisinha

Royal Orchid Plus[/color]

So, let's see. You want me to send an email to another addy (uh, why can't you just forward it??? :banghead: ), or call Thailand from the States to make this change. WTF? But then you say you can't access the reservation system, so even if I do call, what help would you be? WTF?

Arrrrggggghhhh! Now I know there are seats, cause I looked at the manifest on Amedeus. So I'll be on the flight, but I'd feel more comfortable with a confirmed seat. What a pain in the arse.

OK, rant over. I feel better now.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CLASS WAR!!!!

Class War, eh? They were fucking scary...whooooo!

Bone - I look for you every time I go to Pattaya.

Every. Fucking. Time.

(Also extends to any M11 Protesters / Poll Tax / Wapping nobbers / SWP / Reclaim the fucking Streets and all other middle class baby-farts with nothing to do.)

Sorry - O/T. (Goes to fridge for another Leo)

Fuck 'em. I'm through with them. ~250k miles a year, at "last minute" prices. I will not tell what my travel budget was last year...

It took a phone call to LoS from the States, to the Thai res line there. They ended up deciding they did not want to deal with it and "pretended" the line was bad and hung up on me.

Finally getting thru to the Gold Line (again in LoS), they at least tried, but no joy as the flight was *now* booked. Wasn't when I first tried to change my flight a week ago. The best they can do is Perm Eco, else I have to wait until the 24th. Well, that would cost me $180 in change fees, plus a day in LA (hotel & food), so that's another $500+. And it took me 28 minutes on roaming (~US$80) to get that pathetic result. And I'm still out the $$ spent for biz where I get prem eco.

I'll send a *very* nasty gram to TG about this, and let everyone know what happens. But I expect that I'll bite the bullet on the convenience factor and switch back to SQ as my airline of choice. It's not that inconvenient and always better service and mostly better price.

Som nam na TG. You're out ~US$40+K/yr because you can't seem to be able to hire folks to answer the phone in the US. How stupid is that, especially when you can route it to India for pennies???

Cheers,

SD

hhmmmm... while I regulary have issues with TG and seek actively alternatives, the choice is not great when you're based in BKK and am afraid I will stay TG G for a few more years... SD, how do you plan to replace TG ?

BTW, i'm also quite satisfied with BKK TA.

Archived