AC/DC to kick off world tour in October!

Mentors

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i read some reviews from Germany. ;)

and now - AC/DC arrives here for Sunday in my lame hometown.

The rock'nroll train arrives very close to my flat. ;)

And i'm already in fever! :beer::beer:

on Sunday - AC/DC will be in my town!

:chili::yay::chili:

i'm ready for the Aussies :wave::beer::beer:

ANGUS£ ANGUS! ANGUS!

:bangit: :bangit: :bangit: :beer:

i'm ready for the Aussies

Ah, yeah, we claim Acker-Dacker as our own, but consider this:

- Phil Rudd is the only member of the band actually born in Australia. Granted, the Young brothers spent their formative years here, but the band owes more to Scotland than Oz - even Bon was Scottish !

- since they hit paydirt in Europe in the late 70s, AC-DC have only returned to Oz sporadically, often just to support an album release.

That said, they developed a strong and immensely loyal fanbase here in the 'golden era' of Oz rock. When I saw AC-DC for the first time in the late 70s, it was at a school dance (!) and Angus really did look like a schoolkid. Bon Scott had permed hair, 8" platform heels and looked like a runaway from T-Rex. Still think his vocal madness on their first live album was as good as it gets for raw rock and roll - shame he felt the need to live up to his own publicity.

i'm ready for the Aussies

Ah, yeah, we claim Acker-Dacker as our own, but consider this:

- Phil Rudd is the only member of the band actually born in Australia. Granted, the Young brothers spent their formative years here, but the band owes more to Scotland than Oz - even Bon was Scottish !

yes, same with the Bee Gees

Again, the Gibb brothers didnt spend a lot of time in Oz in the context of their eventual career. As a kid in the 70s who loathed disco, I was never happy that we laid claim to them, particularly when there was so much utterly fantastic pub rock here in Oz. Travolta has a lot to answer for :)

Archived