A TIT Moment at a "Crazy" Pub (a somewhat long post)

CDN

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crazy Dave's?

One rule: Anybody calling themselves crazy/whacky/loony is, more often than not, a trainspotter who lives with Mum and makes Airfix models.

In my country they're usually retail store owners selling mattresses or consumer electronics on radio and television, often gentlemen of Middle Eastern descent.

The real crazies don't advertise it. ;)

Never has this problem at Macdonalds :)

Huh, really? Don't say that you've never been in McD's in Thailand and been presented with the "Laminated Farang Menu" which gets whipped up from below the counter? LOL! I love it. Even though I am perfectly capable of seeing and reading the giant illuminated menu behind their heads I still get the laminated one.

And then - sweet Jesus - ordering a hamburger / cheeseburger / Anything-with-beef-in burger, gets the blank look and an invitation to sit down while they presumably ship the thing over from Argentina or somewhere.

1. They always - ALWAYS - have zillions of pork 'Samurai' burgers.

2. The 'Samurai' burger always - ALWAYS - tastes like shit.

(Mind you, down my way now you can get a McD's Breakfast delivered to your door. That's quite a big deal in this town so don't laugh. Perfect for hungover Sunday mornings when I have to do a body count of drunks and they all want feeding.)

Admitted, it's not quite Gleneagles. But if you like to play golf, there's a public course there that has a plaque on the putting green commemorating The Jackson Five. You could take a picture, go play a crappy course, then try to make it back to your hotel. You might live to have some stories to tell. :)

Archived