Rollcall August 1st

khunsanuk

More people need to stand up to the clown BiB!

I no longer roll over for these BiB wankers!!

If the BiB would do the job they are paid to do, enforce the laws already on the books, and enforce them equally for *** all *** the prople, the traffic would greatly improve, decrease deaths and accidents on the roads, etc...but no, go for the easy $$$

Good on you, Mekong!!!

People can try and stand to the BIB,but it remains to be seen how much they are entitled to disturb their acquaintances doing so, and wether their behaviour is as apreciated as they claim it is. I know it wouldn't be welcome if I called either my inlaws or in BKK thai business partners who have similar connections as Mekong's inlaws and who are to make efforts trying to please me. I would actually feel utterly ashamed to call and trouble them for help when obviously the issue was -initially- very easy to dismiss in a few seconds. I'm also fairly sure nobody would be clueless enough to think it's a good idea calling me for help in a similar situation. For sure he wouldn't gain face :confused:

Besides, but that's more ideological, I find it's OK to pay for offences one doesn't commit if that means one can also pay for offences he genuinely commits, which is the case in Thailand - contrary to the West where you have to deal with driving license suspension and sometimes jail terms following traffic offences. Traffic offences don't cost much ( I actually paid 500baht for driving in the lane for buses only on Rajaprarop without driving license in BKK a couple of weeks ago. I bargained this down from 1000 in about 15 seconds and reached Lang Suan on time for an appointment.) Corruption is interesting, especially for those who don't really expect to follow the rules, and one would do well cutting corners once in a while.

Archived