New Vientiane Bar Report.

Julian2

Just got back from Lao this morning after a visa trip and was talking to a Pom from Khon Kaen while waiting at the Thai embassy... and waiting and waiting but more about that later, and he recommended a new bar, Borpinyang Bar, that had opened on the river front.

After a few (quite a few) warm up drinks at the Samlo Pub, with an Aussie from Mae Sai I met on the bus, we ambled in that direction and soon found it. It's on the fourth of fifth floor, all stairs, with magnificent river views.

The ambiance is sports bar with a huge circular bar, pool tables, big screen TVs etc.

It was about 11pm and the joint was jumping and the place had plenty of girls, some of them stunners. They were all well dressed and some appeared to be under the wing of a mamasan. I'd say that they were still freelancers, independent of the bar, and some looked very young.

We stayed until after midnight and as we were leaving we were assured the place remained open until three a.m.

There was security on the door who made my mate finish the stubby of Beer Lao Dark he'd brought with him from the Sam Lo before we could go in.

It's well worth a look if anyone happens to be up there for a few days.

Just don't kill yourself coming down those stairs afterwards.

It's well worth a look if anyone happens to be up there for a few days.

Just don't kill yourself coming down those stairs afterwards.

Up in Ventiene for a few days or up in the bar for a few days? Heck, it would take me a few days to get UP the stairs. :(

HH

Me too, but you'd be amazed how sprightly I get after a Beer Lao of four.

I'll just admit it left me a little stunned as I lived in that people's workers paradise for a year and it was nearly all little smokey bamboo bars along the river full of the most stunning, independent and beautiful girls in Asia. (The World).

Now the disease of capitalism has spread there and they have a sports bar and a SHOPPING MALL.

Shattered mate, shattered... the thin edge of the wedge... (looks for crying smiley).

Laos girls are generally the ugliest in the world (thais not much better).

Me too, but you'd be amazed how sprightly I get after a Beer Lao of four.

I'll just admit it left me a little stunned as I lived in that people's workers paradise for a year and it was nearly all little smokey bamboo bars along the river full of the most stunning, independent and beautiful girls in Asia. (The World).

Now the disease of capitalism has spread there and they have a sports bar and a SHOPPING MALL.

Shattered mate, shattered... the thin edge of the wedge... (looks for crying smiley).

It sounds like the roof top bar but it's not I assume?

Which end of the river front facing river up the right or down the left?

Yes, which end of the river? As I plan to get up there some time before my bones quit aching and the undertaker measures me for the final time.

:wave:

It sounds like the roof top bar but it's not I assume?

Which end of the river front facing river up the right or down the left?

Do you know the Saysana (Xasana) Hotel and night club opposite the temple? you go down to the river and turn right, it's about 50 meters.

You may well know it already as the roof top bar but it was new to me.

Certainly seemed to be the "in" place in town.

Archived