Cheaper?

youngfarang

I am planning on going to Bangkok from Tampa, Fl. in late November for 9 days. I have been searching online religiously for a solid month now and the cheapest flight I could find was $1300 including taxes and fees. I would like to ask if it would be cheaper to book a flight through a local travel agency in Bangkok? I want to be sure I will get a good deal before making a long distance call and paying 2 dollars per minute. If anyone knows of such a place any information would be helpful.

If you plan on making a habit of going to Thailand, buy a one-way ticket on Korean Air (they have good connections and (relatively) cheap one-way prices.

The $100-150 you lose on the higher priced one-way ticket will easily be made back on your first purchase of a round-trip ticket originating Thailand. Buy that ticket with a 6M or 1YR max stay, whatever suits you, and go from there. You'll save major bucks in the long term.

Alternatively, if you are considering flying Korean Air (or Delta) at all, you might want to google Korean's Washington, DC sales office number and ask for a recommendation of a consolidator or preferred travel agency in your (or their) area. They're not really supposed to make recommendations, but they might just hook you up with the lowest price available.

Not really. Only on the first one-way trip to Thailand, in which case you purchase a refundable one-way ticket to PNH, or similar. This has been discussed many times here. Thai Immigration will likely not hassle you on this, but the airline check-in person at the point of departure might (due to the airline's culpability if you get deported on arrival). At that point you purchase the onward ticket, if you have time, otherwise do it beforehand and you have no worries.

Edit: Munchie, I see your point now. Yes, without proper visas, he will potentially always have to have that onwards or return ticket. Still doable.

Archived