Punk Event

CTO

I go to these pretty often - there is a great one this coming Saturday

A "Suspension" will take place - first in Thailand which will be pretty dam cool!

Venue the Cave - Koa San Rd

All ages event starts mid afternoon - fark - read the flyer!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was fun. I'd have to say that the Barbwire Bats were the best band at the show. AND they have a very cute Thai gal as lead guitar and co-singe (except her voice is so very girly to be a punk singer LOL).

The suspension thing was pretty wild. CTO & I have both experienced Thaipusam in Sillypore & Malaysia, so have seem something like this, but Father T and our gals had not. Father T & Ms Vampirella were absolutely fascinated by it whole thing -- Vampy, being true to her name, got really excited when they skewered the guy and he was bleeding a bit ("Huunneeee! Look! Oooo, blood is coming out!) Inserting the hooks was crude -- they guy's partner just pinched a big chunk of flesh and used the heel of his hand to drive the hooks home. No painkillers in evidence, just alcohol swabs. Here's a pix of what that looked like (not him, as it was too dark for pix, just one I found on the 'net):

thumb_1218949555-ntvv-my-first-suspension.jpg

The biggest difference to me between this guy and the kavadi bearers in the Hindu festival is that they seem to be in a trance when they do it, whist this guy was just hanging out with us, smoking and drinking beers, like nothing was unusual.

Anyway, during the Barbwire Bats set, he basically danced around in mid-air, suspended by those hooks in his flesh. Amazing, and not something you see everyday. Here's

I took at the event.

Cheers,

SD

Archived