U.S. Dollar on a roll

FreeTime

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gentlemen ,

I recommend you better spend your retirement time by gardening or chasing pre op kathoys at the Beach Road than thinking about forthcoming currency movements . If you care to study analyst's thoughts about the weak Euro two years back you will laugh your arse off . As much as they said the oil will go up to 200 USD til August , instead it's going down each day . Fishing is also a good alternative .

BuBi

"If you care to study analyst's thoughts about the weak Euro two years back you will laugh your arse off ."

What are those people paid for actually ? it seems you are right and that most fund managers can't beat their comparative index, hence again the question of why do we need them ?

Talked recently about this topic with two acquaintances who had a very different view, but one of them is working like crazy on a MBA spending quite a bit of time on financial analysis and he wouldn't want to consider those efforts might be futile, and the other one is working for a major investment bank and is implicitely looking for investors, arguing that well connected managers will beat the indexes because of insider trading... hhmmm...now I only need a few millions euros cash...

Sir ,

the Heidelberg university maybe 5 years back interviewed 100 people they met on the road about what they think is the stock market going to do . Almost all people asked did not know what the stockmarket does and what it is . Anyhow they were asked to answer questions they did not understand at all like : Where will the Merceds shares be in 6 months a) 34 â?¬ , 44 â?¬ , 54 â?¬ and they did kind of a lucky draw . The result was that they came closer to the reality than the analysts of the 3 leading German banks on day x. I do not have exact details any more . Over to you .

predicting index levels at some time in the future is notoriously difficult,but surely fund management is about more than just that... The managers of some funds do seem to beat the relevant benchmark index on a consistant basis but only by a fairly small margin.

Well, those findings also reflect my impression on the issue. It's a wonder then how come analysts can get away with high incomes, or any income at all.

Can they PLEASE fire that loud "Boo-yah" jagoff annoying stock guy that my father insists on watching every day! :cussing:

The fact that dad is losing his hearing and has the TV cranked all the way up makes that douchebag intolerable! :banghead:

-=/NN

• 2 weeks later...

Archived