suggestions for Manila by night and by day?

lifesabeach

Hello - I will spend a long stopover in Manila - 2pm to 8 or so and wonder how to best pass the time. I have heard the LA cafe has girls by day..also suppose a massage parlor might be nice but the massage places I saw in Cebu seemed pretty dark and doggy...and then there will be a night or two later in September in Manila - I like BKK places like Baccara and Rainbow 1,4....I don't much like the massage places where girls sit behind glass bored looking...

Any suggestions for my first time to Manila?

Thanks

The exact time is, arrival Manila - 1:30 pm and departure 10:30 pm..the gal a Air Philippines said to get back to the airport by 7:30 and I said, "You're kidding..my bags will be checked through" but she stuck with that and said it would take an hour at least each way....so I guess that leaves me 3:30-6:30..... LA Cafe for a quickie at a nearby ST hotel?

As I best recall (I've tried to forget though)

1. Security to enter the building

2. Line to check passport & ticket

3. Check-in

4. Pay airport tax

5. Immigration

6. Pre-security paperwork check

7. Security (X-ray)

8. Post security pat down (all passengers, pretty long queue)

9. Gate carry-on luggage hand check

10. Gate passport & ticket check

11. Boarding queue

Some of these queue's took as little as 5 minutes. The longest was immigration at 90 minutes. All told it took me 3 hours and 45 minutes last time thru Manila (flying CX in business class).

Different terminal. I preferred terminal 1 for hanging around - at least it has a proper public bar and internet place where you can make useless posts, like this one, while you drink. Seriously, I can't remember all the queues - been a few years for me. Were you perhaps in the brand new terminal 3?

Archived