The Village Idiot Gets Shafted Again.

Julian2

Yeah I probably went off on a tangent there - sorry about that. I suppose the point I was trying to (errm drunkingly) make was that there are not only villiage idiots - there are the cheap charlies, and I'm not sure which one is worse.

The cheap charlie might be called 'Moo', and drink rice whiskey with his Thai 'pals' over sewer grates on the side of the road. His 'pals' make fun of him and wonder why anybody in there right mind would choose to do that? He won't spend a single satang that is not in his own selfish interest and those motherfuckers are the most self righteous wankers you'll ever meet.

So there you have the two extremes - and as usual, the sheep will have to have only a limited and bigoted view or outlook on things - so which one are you? Villiage idiot or cheap charlie (sarcasm).

Sorry about that previous post Julian (it appears a bit harsh on review), but I wanted to ask you why it bothers you so much that another farang is getting shafted? It sounds like you get along okay with him and everything - the couple of beers now and then.

I don't see how it affects your situation that dramatically. Most people will say it raises the bar of expectation for everyone else when (for example) an ignoramus pays a 2 Million Baht sing sot. From what I can tell the guy who pays that is universally thought of as an idiot, by Thai or Westerner alike.

So if that is understood - what is your real objection? Or are you simply reporting what's going on?

If you look at it objectively - this guy is ploughing foreign investment into your village. How can this be a bad thing?

Like I said this might be sour grapes, a function of jealousy.

Archived