Nigerian official: greedy marks as guilty as 419 scammers

Flashermac

suadum ,

the 419 types of fraud is just one side of it , they also use fake letters of credit , fake transport documents and so forth . The German TV sent a team out there to investigate and came back with clear evidence that the conmen are backed by government officials , what a big surprise .

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"

Scam artists are often also VERY good at what they do and it is a lot easier to fall for a scam than most people realize I think.

Sanuk!

Sir , my apologies but when I read this I almost fell from my chair with laughter .

Sorry about being a bit cryptic here but that is too good to be missed .

If it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't.

A large percentage of the world these days seems to have an ostrich mentality. Doesn't matter how much you warn them they still think it won't happen to them.

I have zero sympathy for greed.

In swedish we have 3 extra letters å, ä, ö - the first one is a "aa", second ä, third ö for english and german keyboards, still we don't have more than 28 letters as v/w is one letter.

"summer is gone and I fear the ice block is taking over."

It's meaningsless to translate word by word as it's absolutely no meaning in swedish.

"Sommaren har försvunnit och jag fruktar att vintern snart kommer"

(The summer has gone and I fear that the winter soon will come)

We don't have so much snow and ice in southern sweden - just 30 min driving from Copenhagen Airport. :)

Sadly not everyone is as clued up about the internet as many of you guys, these crimminals know that. There is no excuse for this sort of fraud, it's just taking advantage of the desperate as well as the foolishly greedy. Using the logic of some here, your kid gets kidnapped? serve you right for not providing round the clock security, bags get ransacked at the airport hey more fool you for not buying better cases.

Archived