Nigerian official: greedy marks as guilty as 419 scammers

Flashermac

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SD,

in a way you're 100 % correct as the victims are actively involved in process, but also von oben and not understanding the victims hope and desire to become something. All scam artists work that way they promise you something if you do something. It may be a secured place in heaven or money on earth - as long as some/many countries allow the scientology church to go on with their scam it's legal (except in Germany) - this world is rotten.

I'd up that ante to all organized religions!

The point is that we all have hopes and desires, but 99% of us are smart enough to know that you do not get something for nothing and will check out the claims before investing time/money/whatever. The other 1% are Darwinism in action.

Con-men and scams are as old as man -- why do people still fall for them? Greed.

Cheers,

SD

Hi,

"I would call them at fault tho', as their actions directly lead to their situation."

I can see your point and partially agree with it. There is more than just greed involved though, there is also ignorance. And you can hardly fault a person for being stupid.

Scam artists are often also VERY good at what they do and it is a lot easier to fall for a scam than most people realize I think.

Sanuk!

Archived