Coup?

CTO

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PM: 5 PAD leaders will be arrested

(BangkokPost.com) - Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej said he has ordered the arrest of five leaders of People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) that led the protesters to lay siege to Government House and government ministries since Tuesday morning.

He also confirmed at a televised press conference for foreign media that about 85 people, accused of seizing control of the state-run National Broadcasting Services of Thailand (NBT) television station were detained this morning.

Meanwhile, deputy police spokesman Surapon Thuanthong said police will ask for approval of arrest warrant for the PAD core leaders on Wednesday.

He added that police have gathered evidence against them since May 25.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/breakingnews.php?id=129974

How quickly do you think members of this board would be arrested if we marched on a Farang TV station and invaded our own Parliaments in our own countries?

In USA/Australia we'd be in jail very quickly.

I am impressed with the continual restraint used against PAD. I have to go to Min Ed often - but for months they have blockaded most of the main raod - and been allowed to do so.

Try that in Washington sometime.

The tee rak has been watching the news quite a bit today.

Usually same-o same-o but appears to be some serious people out there.

Tee rak says..."why? they can do no better then the gov they now have...they only want to get $$$"

Same-o same-o in all countries...all about the $$$

How quickly do you think members of this board would be arrested if we marched on a Farang TV station and invaded our own Parliaments in our own countries?

In USA/Australia we'd be in jail very quickly.

I am impressed with the continual restraint used against PAD. I have to go to Min Ed often - but for months they have blockaded most of the main raod - and been allowed to do so.

Try that in Washington sometime.

An excellent point, my Mrs.. whom along with her family votes Democrat said exactly the same thing.

Archived