Coup?

CTO

Wow...

Maybe he could also whip up a tasty Tom Yam Gung for the UN delegates and then beat some innnocent students to death, hang them from the flag poles out the front of the building and pass around chairs so that everyone can have a go at beating their bloodied/bloated corpses?

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might help if there were genuine political parties. The only one that even comes close is the Democrat, and it leaves much to be desired. The other "parties" are simply makeshift gangs that form and reform simply for political spoils. They tend to be built around one or two strong personalities, e.g. Mr T. He openly admitted he was forming TRT for the sole purpose of making himself the PM.

Bangkok Post

26 Aug 2008

PAD storms Government House

Core leader of People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) Chamlong Srimuang led a group of People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) protesters into the Government House on Tuesday afternoon.

The group began blocking roads leading to the venue at 5am in an attempt to remove Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej and his cabinet from office. Mr Samak and the ministers were forced to shift the weekly cabinet meeting to the Royal Thai Armed Forces headquarters.

The protesters climbed over the wall of Government House and opened the gates for Chamlong and group members to enter.

Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej announced Tuesday that government restraint is almost over in its dealings with the PAD, and would do all it can to restore peace to the country.

Mr Samak said he gave Interior Minister Kowit Wattana - ex-national police chief -direct control of police to restore order.

"I assigned Pol Gen Kowit to oversee the national police office and the Interior Ministry," Mr Samak said in an address carried on national television. "Police will use all means to restore normalcy as soon as possible. Police will take decisive action against the protesters."

The premier added he would look at several other ways to quell the unrest such as security bills.

"I do not want to spoil the atmosphere now," he said. "I do not want the government to be branded as those using their power to suppress the protesters."

He then vowed to stay on as the premier.

"I will not resign, I will stay to protect this country," he said.

Mr Samak also called on supporters of People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) to reconsider their action and return home to avoid trouble.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/topstories/topstories.php?id=129949

Archived