Sak Yant Tattoo

youngfarang

HIV is a very weak virus and almost anything will kill it including soap and water. Hep b virus uses the same transmission route i.e. blood and body fluids but is 100x more infectious. I don't know how long it can survive out of a body fluid environment, or how easy it is killed by basic hygene measures. You can get an affective vacination against Hep b, and if you've had this, you should be safe from infection, but IMO it would be best not to take chances with reused needles.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once he cuts of the dreadlocks

I noticed that alot of farangs have this mindset that having a Yant tattoo is something cool and different from a normal machined tattoo. Its actually an insult to our religion and this tradition, as Sak Yant is not something which should be treated lightly and taken as an art. A lot of respect goes into wearing a Yant and there are certain precepts which a devotee has to follow after having a Yant. To those who are thinking of having a yant as a tattoo or just trying to impress others with your yants, 1 word of advice, go get a machine tattoo, it will definately be a better choice.

From a blog on Thailand Buddhist Spiritual Tattoos

Why do I have to be buddhist to get one? I have total respect for the religion and looking to abide by the rules of the yant. One of the reasons why I want this tattoo is because it reminds me of Thailand and all the good times I have had in the beautiful country. I want a tattoo with a lot of meaning, and I cant really commemerate Thailand by getting a tattoo in America. It wouldnt feel right to me.

Archived