Sak Yant Tattoo

youngfarang

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I have missed something here but I didn't see yf mention religion in any of his previous posts. My understanding was it was his version of the Singha T-shirt......I've went to Thailand and all I got was this tattoo.

I am not saying there is an issue with farangs getting sak yant....just that there is with why they get it.

"I noticed that alot of farangs have this mindset that having a Yant tattoo is something cool and different from a normal machined tattoo. Its actually an insult to our religion and this tradition, as Sak Yant is not something which should be treated lightly and taken as an art. A lot of respect goes into wearing a Yant and there are certain precepts which a devotee has to follow after having a Yant. To those who are thinking of having a yant as a tattoo or just trying to impress others with your yants, 1 word of advice, go get a machine tattoo, it will definately be a better choice."

This is where you brought religion into the discussion my friend.

I have read that they reused the needles over and over again. They say that the ink itself kills all the diseases. Snake venom and battery acid is supposedly in the ink. They also let it saturate in alchol for a few hours. I was curious if the batery acid and the snake venom actually kills hep b and hiv. Can anybody verify this?

All I can say is a paraphrase from an old motor racing doc who used to take care of us back in the day when we were idiots: "If you have a $15 head, then buy a $15 helmet." :rip: Doc Houghton!

Soooo, is your life worth getting a cheap tattoo under dodgy circumstances? Can you rationalize the risk away? Do you want to? Only you can answer that, and I know you are ~18 and therefore invincible, but still...use your head man!

Good luck.

Cheers,

SD

But getting a cheap one is almost as dangerous.

Get one from a clean plce - if your not into the religious aspect (and I don't think you have to be - I side with you here) then get it done from a professional place with sterile gear.

It'll last longer with good ink too

Archived