08/09 UEFA Champions League

Mekong

Nothing wrong with having an opinion, I just happen to have a different one. ;)

You're right about Nani, seems to have gone backwards. Anderson will be a revelation once he gets better possitional sense, that comes with age and experience. He was never bought to score lots of goals.

Tevez had a poor overall season, he'll be off soon.

Park is a valuable squad member, any team needs players like that.

Ronaldo will be a United player next season, of that I'm convinced.

Overall I think we need a descent striker and possibly some cover for Hargreaves and we'll be fine.

Remember when Arsenal had their unbeaten season and Chelsea won 2 PL's people were writing United and Fergie off. We were on the slide, Fergie's lost it blah blah blah.

I'd say winning the next 3 PL's has proven that those words were premature wouldn't you say? :soccer:

Is there really any need for all this doom and gloom?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope to see Hargreaves play again, that knee of his sounds bad...

Doom and gloom....maybe, because I want to see Man U be the best, but I fear their reign is ending. Chelsea could be a really difficult team to beat next season and the balance of power in Europe has shifted. Barca we all know about, but Real Madrid are about to spend silly money on players to compete, hence why I suggest Ronaldo is going to be gone.

The new boss at RM said he intends to do everything to see Kaka and Ronaldo at his club ASAP. Kaka looks likely, Ronaldo has gone mysteriously quiet, which is unlike him....

Faustian,

Berbatov is probably United's worst player this season. If anyone should be leaving it should be him I guess :)

As for Tevez. I think he deserves to stay. I think any team should get a player like that if they had the money. I don't think he's too expensive for Man U's standards. Look at Berbatov.

Tevez' workrate is crazy, not too many players come even close, Rooney and Park perhaps. I really think he'll be missed if he's out next season.

Nani's got the skill but he needs a lot more time and coaching than perhaps expected. If United's a little more patient with him he could be a class winger.

Real Madrid need to get a consistent style of play and the right tactics before starting to think about possible additions to the squad. They just buy big names and in-form players without considering how to play them together in a team.

Reminds me of my lunch break at primary school when we all just ran onto the football field like monkeys to kick the ball to any direction !?! :)

One more thing..not sure Ancelotti is such a good coach. He didn't do too well with Milan IMO. He left a very aging squad behind. His successor's got his hands full to prepare that team for the coming season. Chelsea's aging as well. Curious to see how he's going to handle that, if at all :crazy:

Interesting reading.....it seems Real Madrid want to buy ALL the top players in Europe at once! Ashley Young gets a mention as a move to RM possible later in the listings...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8084438.stm

Highlights.....

Real Madrid want to sign Bayern Munich's French winger Franck Ribery and will begin talks with the German giants. (Reuters, 1106 BST)

Valencia winger David Silva says he is flattered by reported interest from Real Madrid, but says he knows nothing about a proposed move to the Bernabeu. (Press Association, 1349 BST)

Manchester United will sell Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid if the Spanish giants stump up a stunning £75m.

(Full story: Daily Mirror)

If Real do not sign the Portugal international winger by the end of the month they will have to pay him £26m as a result of a promise made to him by the club's former president Ramon Calderon.

(Full story: Daily Star)

Real's vice-president Fernando Tapias appeared to confirm on Spanish radio that the club does indeed have such a penalty clause written into an alleged pre-contract agreement made between Calderon and Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes.

(Full story: The Independent)

Meanwhile, new Real Madrid president Florentino Perez said he believes Ronaldo has a £75m get-out clause in his United contract and said he is "working to bring Ronaldo to Real Madrid". Perez also all but confirmed that AC Milan's Brazilian superstar Kaka will join the club for £62m.

(Full story: The Sun)

Yet another seemingly Madrid-bound star is Valencia's David Silva. Liverpool are also keen on the midfielder but look as though they will miss out on him after he had talks at the Bernabeu.

(Full story: The Times)

'Well, you should care where a player comes from and what style he's familiar with...and what goes in the league he's played in.'

i don't care if a player comes from Outer Mongolia or Mars as long as they are a team player.

i don't think it's important where they come from.

'One other thing, I remember a while ago you posting that if United were to play Chelsea in the FA Cup final you wouldn'd bother watching the game because it might be a boring final.

What an odd thing for a supporter to say!'

the comment was mainly about how boring games like that can be.

Cup Finals between teams like MU,Liverpool,Chelsea and Arsenal are quite often tedious.

recent Cup Finals come to mind----MU/Arsenal,MU/Chelsea and MU/Liverpool.

last really good Cup Final i saw was Liverpool/West Ham.

anyway i was in Paris for the Final and never saw anywhere that was showing the game.

every Irish pub with BBC/SKY i looked into did'nt have the game on.

i did'nt know the result until the Monday.

'Well, you should care where a player comes from and what style he's familiar with...and what goes in the league he's played in.'

i don't care if a player comes from Outer Mongolia or Mars as long as they are a team player.

i don't think it's important where they come from.

Nothing to do with nationality of course, Sayjann. I was referring to a player's ability to adapt to a new style of play and team players. A manager expects players from the same (or similar) league to adjust to the new faces and tactics a lot faster than one from..say.. Outer Mongolia :)

Some aren't able to and yes that's the risk when you (English clubs) buy South Americans/Europeans for example.

Faustian,

Berbatov is probably United's worst player this season. If anyone should be leaving it should be him I guess :)

As for Tevez. I think he deserves to stay. I think any team should get a player like that if they had the money. I don't think he's too expensive for Man U's standards. Look at Berbatov.

Tevez' workrate is crazy, not too many players come even close, Rooney and Park perhaps. I really think he'll be missed if he's out next season.

Nani's got the skill but he needs a lot more time and coaching than perhaps expected. If United's a little more patient with him he could be a class winger.

Real Madrid need to get a consistent style of play and the right tactics before starting to think about possible additions to the squad. They just buy big names and in-form players without considering how to play them together in a team.

Reminds me of my lunch break at primary school when we all just ran onto the football field like monkeys to kick the ball to any direction !?! :)

Don't think Tevez is going to be content playing a Solskjaer role. Also, hear Vidic may be on the move to Barca as his wife wants to move to a warmer climate.

Archived