08/09 UEFA Champions League

Mekong

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be a good semi final, I truly hope you kick lumps out of each other and it goes to extra time, penalties and then a game of poker to sort it out.

Berbatov has to be the laziest, cant give a fuck, not going to break sweat player that has ever lived. Utd should sell him to Citeh.

Should be a good semi final, I truly hope you kick lumps out of each other and it goes to extra time, penalties and then a game of poker to sort it out.

Berbatov has to be the laziest, cant give a fuck, not going to break sweat player that has ever lived. Utd should sell him to Citeh.

That's a bit harsh there Teddy.

Berba covered 7.2 km's in the 68 mins he was on the pitch.

Not a bad effort (for a change) methinks.

not the best game i have ever seen between Utd and Porto.

neither goalie had much to do but in the end a job well done by Utd.

a back to basics performance which was aided by the return of Rio.

Berbatov once again was total tripe,why does Fergie pick him week in,week out?.

i don't like Ronaldo but what a great goal.

• 2 weeks later...

We were outplayed and out classed. Wenger got the tactics totally wrong. Its becoming a habit a lot of gooners are getting frutrated with. Cesc is not a support striker. He and Nasri should have been switched.

Diaby is NOT a player you start in a CL SF. He has good technical ability but I have more of a footballing brain than he does. Which is signficant given I've never played the game. He runs into cul de sacs and doesn't know how to play with in the concept of a team.

Adebayor was on his own up front but was anonymous. Wenger should have benched him much earlier. Eduardo should have been brought on much earlier. We only have two pure finishers in the squad and one of them (Arshavin) isn't available.

Song has come up immensely and I would say if there was a most improved player award for Arsenal he should get it.

I don't see us denying man utd a goal at the emirates given the choices we have in defense. Can't see a 2-0 score line or even 3-1 or a 1-0 to send it to PKs or score in added time. I say go for it. Make it a shoot out and I think a 4-2 score line is possible IF we score first and keep coming. Rio possibly being out is a boon for us.

I think Chelsea will take it. Didn't like the tactics but it worked and that's all that counts.

At the weekend, I am guessing Fergie is gonna put out a team similar to the FA cup SF. He's going to 'Boro and they are relegation fodder right now. Its tricky. 'Boro are awful but they are in a relegation fight and would be encouraged to go for a point. I think Fergie will keep big guns on the bench in case it gets dicy. Can't see Liverpool dropping points to the toon if its the LFC that played us that takes the pitch.

Looks like a repeat of last seasons final. If it is I think Chelsea will shade it...just.

Agree mostly, but it all depends on what version of Man U turns up. They appear to be a mood governed unit at the moment, I was impressed with their performance, although they didn't score enough...but you never know what you are going to get with them. They should get to the final, but I bet it's a nail-bitter at Arsenal.

In the final the same rules apply. Man U took Chelsea to pieces earlier this year, when they were playing with confidence. They are showing signs of emerging from their nervous funk. Who knows?

But yah, I bet Fergie plays a weak team this weekend, he'd be crazy not to.

Both semi's could go either way, Chelsea will have to come out a bit more and may then be vulnerable to Barca's attack.

I can't see Arsenal playing that badly again and they may think they got out of jail with only a 1-0 defecit.

What Arsenal need is a good holding midfield player such a Mascherano, they can't seem to hold onto the ball in midfield.

Archived