Khmer women better than Thai: If I had it to do over....

Tiger Moth

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. At least he seems to know what he likes: the farmer's daughters in whatever country. Good for him. If you know what you like, then you are closer to happiness. Everyone should be happy.

But that "like" thing is not applicable to all of us and therefore I disagree with this whole post. I'm in Sillypore now, and feel that the most beautiful women on the planet reside here. But I like modern, educated, tall, curvy but athletic, well dressed gals. YMMV.

In many of your posts you have shown yourself to be very intelligent, informed, etc. However, using the phrase "farmer's daughters" suggests a very limited point of view. I know a Doctor here in Thailand (well educated wouldn't you say?}, she dresses very plainly, doesn't wear makeup and is very down to earth. I spent a lot of time back in the US with a Thai lady who was completing her Masters in Astronomy, she was very pretty but used little makeup, dressed nicely but wasn't into fashion, never once did I see her on her cell phone. Very down to earth sweet person who decided that after graduation she would become a high school science teacher rather than get on the career treadmill. One does not have to be a "farmer's daughter" to be down to earth and not preoccupied with the latest fashion and an image of sophistication.

That note about PI girls/folks rings a bell. In the States I have Thai friends who own a restaurant frequented by quite a few Filippinos. One night I asked Chai if the people across the room were Thai. He was only about 25 feet away, but was unable to tell by looking at them. He said he would have to speak with them first to know.

HH

Hi TM I met you before when you had a wife, sounds like you are doing OK. Ethnically there is no difference between gals in Cambodia and half of Issan, Sissaket, Surin and Buri Ram being until 100 years ago part of Cambodia. PP is certainly more laid back and less materialistic than BKK, have fun and be carefull it's also a good deal more dangerous IMO

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got some picture of a 'typical' Viet vs Thai vs. Khmer vs. SiSaket to illustrate the difference?

My wife does not look typically Thai, she is almost as tall as I am and have a pointy head, not the typically round and big head of many Thais I have seen. She is a mix of Korat and Sisaket.

Here are some Khmer girls who worked at the old California 2 Guest House in PP Cambodia...

PP5142008-05-15_02-35-49-a.jpg

A Khmer kid selling books in the streets of PP...

PP5122008-05-15_02-12-00-a.jpg

This girl is from Udon Thani...

Soi33Girl2007-02-21_09-17-50-a.jpg

A couple of girls from Buri Ram...

9baba70c.jpg

403457e7.jpg

Some school kids from Buri Ram...

b430294c.jpg

Mother and daughter from Surin...

bb3c5911.jpg

"A girl from Si Saket..."

DSCN0136b.jpg

The girl on the right is from Kanchanaburi, the girl on the left, *I THINK* is from Mukaharn, but not 100% sure...

DSCN0210.jpg

Here is a beautiful Black American girl, which has nothing to do with the story...

azjmfGaqjzwRccrbE2CT8u6Uyvop.jpg

Archived