Brit Flees Thailand, Sure Pattaya Bargirl Wife Wants Him Dead

elef

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a lot of it comes down to the types of guys these are, and the types of girls, or should I say type of bar girls these are.

Someone asked how long this has been happening. No idea, but it does seem to be something we hear about more and more. Oddly, I do know a lot of guys who married bar girls during their military tours 30+ years ago, many are still married. Add this to the farang couples who married 30+ years ago, and that also seems the case (they are still married). It seems the "phenomenon" of quick divorce or marriage for profit is more recent than not. I say this regardless of culture.

In many cases the outcome is almost inevitable. You have girl, often coming from a dirt poor extremely dysfunctional family, that has turned to prostitution hooked up with a guy that that has not had a successful relationship with a woman in his entire life. A sure fire recipe for disaster [color:red]for at least one of them[/color]

I like this line, since for the BG it is an absolute success story her famliy could not have dreamt of, even if she would have got a decent education.

Basically the guy fucked up. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. He forgot he was a farang in Thailand and that he has to play by their rules. Keep in mind that for 4yrs he didn't own anything, he only thought he did. His Thai wife tolerated him that long until he pissed her off to the point of no return. If he feared for his life, then he knew he evidently did something to bring that about.

He tried to change the rules and he lost everything. His dumb ass did like many farang do when they shack up with hookers, they never let the chick forget that they were a hooker. Serves his stupid ass right.

I have had numerous opportunities to set up a life in LOS when I was younger but I never liked the rules, I still don't; maybe I will when I am retired.

I am still amazed that elderly retired men living in LOS who have no intentions of having children, marry their Thai chicks and give them legal rights to their assets. Why at that stage of life would one even want to transfer liquid assets to own an illiquid asset in a country where you have little to no property rights, better to lease.

What a crock of shit!! From what I read on this thread all farangs are just innocent, naive, love and happiness seeking victims of scheming, rapacious, and homicidal Thai women. Only in Thailand Huh? It really interesting how some regular posters here will immediately tee off on Thai women but manage to conveniently ignore the considerable number of drunken, abusive and philandering farangs who marry them.

Spouses kill each other every day in every corner of the world: Thailand is no exception but neither is the home country of any person who contributed to this thread.

Like most things, it is certainly NOT black and white. I think the point is that there is shared blame. Contributory negligence I believe is the legal term. It applies to cases where plaintiffs have, through their own negligence, contributed to cause the damages they incurred as a result of defendants' negligence (i.e., a pedestrian crosses a road carelessly and is hit by a driver who is also driving carelessly).

That said, the guy's just another stupid muppet IMHO.

Cheers,

SD -- doesn't everyone learn the basics about "cause and effect" in kindergarten? Guess not...

Archived