hi everybody....please help

As one who has worked on the dark side of the airlines (customer service and marketing), I'm with you on this (and I don't mean that in a gay way).

Never met a gay cargo guy. There was one effeminate guy from Pan Am who got bumped from passenger traffic to cargo when the airline was laying people off. He was a fish out of water there and eventually just quit.

Everyone, in my day, who worked cargo at LAX grew up in El Segundo, played high school ball with one of the Brett brothers, drank a lot of beer, and weren't opposed to brawling. Hardly the realm of the gay.

Cargo is the better side of the business anyway, I was told as a young lad - wish I'd listened. :(

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I thank you for very much for your supportive words Sir (articulated in a very manyly fashion I feel compelled to add) I cannot but feel that the decisive ruling on this matter must come from the cunning experts residing in SFO.

But for now you put my heart at ease. And I thank you for that Sir.

"Cargo is the better side of the business anyway, I was told as a young lad - wish I'd listened."

Don`t you believe it mate. It sucks here anyway.

Sorry my comma key is stuck.

Hua Nguu,

I used to work cargo for a major US airline as well. Definitely not gay on the ramp side and hangar side of it. But the cargo counter agent help, is mostly women or gay men (not all the guys are gay though-just the majority). I'd have to say that the ramp guys (ramp rats as they are called) are also definitely not gay. Ticket agents however have a propensity for limp wristed rump rangers with attitude - some of those guys are real cunts. In 25 years I only met 2 gay ramp rats, and both were macho flamers (they had to be to survive in that world of macho men).

Whereas male Flight Attendents, almost exclusively a gay man's job. The gays seem to flock to certain occupations, many state they like the free flight benefits and use them to go to gay destinations to party.

Many female ticket agents are fag hags. :smirk:

It was a strange world to work in as a hetero guy really. Serious macho hetero men (some with 'issues') thrown together with the gayest of the gay. Talk about 'when worlds collide'! :)

I do not miss working there at all, not in the least. It was a total circus and PC madness made it hell on earth in the later years. Add in the totally incompetent and moronic middle and upper management the airlines seem to hire and I would not suggest to my sons (or daughter) to try to get a job in the airline industry (as well as the fact the industry pay and bennies has gone to shit the past ten years).

God do I have stories to tell about those 25 years of employment! Murder, sex, robbery, torture, squealers, physical violence, sexual disease, extortion, gambling, infidelity, serious drugs and booze, orgies, etc. A madhouse.

Cent

As one who has worked on the dark side of the airlines (customer service and marketing), I'm with you on this (and I don't mean that in a gay way).

Never met a gay cargo guy. There was one effeminate guy from Pan Am who got bumped from passenger traffic to cargo when the airline was laying people off. He was a fish out of water there and eventually just quit.

Everyone, in my day, who worked cargo at LAX grew up in El Segundo, played high school ball with one of the Brett brothers, drank a lot of beer, and weren't opposed to brawling. Hardly the realm of the gay.

Cargo is the better side of the business anyway, I was told as a young lad - wish I'd listened. :(

USVirgin,

"Everyone, in my day, who worked cargo at LAX grew up in El Segundo, played high school ball with one of the Brett brothers, drank a lot of beer, and weren't opposed to brawling. Hardly the realm of the gay."

Same way it was in Boston in the 80's. Lots of drinking, sports (softball, basketball, flag football, hockey, weightlifting). We had a few failed through injury or 'hired through connections' sports heros too. One played on the farm team for the Boston Bruins, another was a former professional boxer, one played on the Red Sox farm team, another was a former Mr. Massachusetts bodybuilding winner, one guy was an expert in martial arts, one a state wrestling champ, etc.

Most afternoons/nights after work we all met up at one of the local favorite bars. Many of the ticket agents girls, rent-a-car girls, flight attendents, etc would show up at the bars to fuck the guys and get high or drunk. Lots of coke and weed. Bar brawls were commonplace. The thing is the whole airport would be at these bars after work! All the airlines, ramp, cargo, ticket counter, security, flight attendents, pilots, federal airport tower workers, even some management! It was crazy days. Even the state police and local Boston cops would show up to drink and screw the airport girls (F Troop was the airport state trooper designation, and it fit like a glove for these many losers. Back in those days the staties that were the worst fuck ups were sent to the airport state police barracks to work, as back then it was considered shit duty and hard to fuck something up there.)

The rent-a-car girls and the stews were the sexiest and biggest sluts! :thumbup: :) Those Hertz and Avis girls were something else man!

Cent

At LAX we had the "Bar of Melody", within walking distance from the terminal. Pretty much the same deal. Also the home of the "hockey hookers", a bunch of groupies that would show up when the LA Kings were playing nearby, because the players from both the Kings and the opposing teams would show up after a game.

I saw the Michigan State - Indiana State basketball final (Magic vs. Bird) in that bar on a lunch break. Great game! Our load planner (we only had 2 747 flights per day) had such a good time he wasn't allowed back to work after his 4 hour lunch break. :drunk:

Played on my international airline's softball team. I was the only non-cargo guy.

Before that I played on a team from my hometown. I was the only non-construction worker on the team, apart from our third baseman, a pro volleyball player who eventually coached gold medal winners May-Walsh till about a year ago, and our shortstop who was a child actor on some TV show called "Go Ask Alice", and he was a hell of a fielder. LOL!

Seemed like everyone from my hometown who wasn't privileged or didn't go to uni went to work in construction and played softball, for whatever reasons - I'm not a shrink. But every time we played those fags from TGI Fridays in Marina Del Rey there was a fight. :susel::)

Archived