Cebu

I don't really feel like writing, but feel I need to say my thoughts while they are still fresh. And I'm bored in the airport waiting for my flight. So I'll go for the tried-n-true bullet points.

The Good

-- Super friendly people, easily the best part of coming here

-- Cheap as chips

-- Weather. Pleasant 30-31 degrees, like Sillypore

-- I hear the diving's good

-- History. I love history and WWII history is amazing; just sixty miles from here the biggest naval battle in history took place (one of these trips I'll go over to Leyte and see what there is to see on that subject)

The Neutral

-- English speaking. Good for ease of communications, bad for it brings doofus tourists. The skeevy-old-man quotient is off the charts here! (Not speaking about regular old guy tourists, but the sleazy-looking ones; you know what I mean)

-- Food. Flip cuisine is not that great, but not awful either. I've had a few dishes that were good, tho' I'm not sure I'd seek them out if not in the PI.

-- That initially cute lilting/sing-song female accent becomes annoying after a few days

The Bad

-- Here's what I don't get. People come here as a mongering destination. I've seriously looked, over a total of three weeks, pretty much everywhere in Cebu for attractive women. I'd say that of the thousands I've seen, at shopping malls, walking on the street, hotels, restaurants, offices, etc., there were *maybe* a half dozen that made me look more than a half a second. And none of those I would sleep with normally. I know I see some attractive women in print, but do they exist? I find the PI to be like India in this regard: I see pix of pretty girls, but they simply do not exist in real life. Detroit has more fuckable women than this place. Seriously.

-- Are Flips the slowest walkers on the planet or what?

-- Bureaucracy -- the Flips have it all over the Thais when it comes to this LOL! Just check in at the airport for a prime example.

Oops, flight just called. Comment and we'll discuss later (if anyone wants to, that is).

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty good summation.

I'm not sure I agree about the women, I suppose it comes down to personal taste.

I used to run back and forward between LOS and the PI regularly once and thought that on the average Filipinas were better looking. However I spent a lot of time in bars with my beer goggles on.

The Neutral

-- That initially cute lilting/sing-song female accent becomes annoying after a few days

Cheers,

SD

I am working with some Flipos's. That accent IS bloody annoying but it is you god damn's that are responsible for it.

I am determined to have the lad's speaking with an Aussie drawl before long!

Cheers,

Mark

I can't really comment on Cebu, having never been there, but I find it hard to believe you wouldn't see at least a few hotties walking around the streets. Nevertheless, even Manila in no way compares to Bangkok as far as eye candy is concerned (and I like Flips too). Perhaps Suadders is just spoiled. :surprised:

Maybe certain bars in Cebu, if someone can point them out, have better lookers than the average office girl. After all, Cebu has a vast area to recruit from, but the bars have a different criteria than the offices. :hubba: :dunno:

There are a few Cebuanas in the Angeles Bars but the vast majority come from the Eastern Vasayas; predominantly Samar and Leyte.

The Mindanao girls impressed me as well, many having Arabic features, a relic of the days the Sulu Sea pirates raided and took slaves far down into Indonesia and Malaysia.

As SD said, the entire area is rich in history and a pleasant holiday can be spent touring the islands after picking up a suitable traveling companion from Angeles.

The old fort in Zamboanga City, Mindanao.

I met a guy in Thailand on vacation, he has lived in Cebu for quite a few years. He happens to be more into fitness than women. Probably mid-60's but fit as a fiddle (to coin an expression). Anyway, he told me that there was a bridge to an "economic" zone which has thousands of young ladies, 4 to a room, working in factories for survival income.

Not trying to be exploitive but more of a win:win situation. As he led me to believe, this an opportunity to find a traveling companion who would be young and attractive and could benefit from reasonable compensation (meaning, she could enjoy some fresh air, time at the beach and more than she could earn in a year - yet, it would still be inexpensive for me?

On the very down side, this guy I met indicated that Pattaya was very clean and pollution free compared to Cebu. Since I find Pattaya to be a polluted shit hole, this is very worrisome.

This fellow did mention a place, a few hundred km away, where one could stay on a pristine beach with very decent accomodations, for about $15 a night (which also means to me that I could negotiate for 3 months at a much lower rate).

So, perhaps a small amount of time in Cebu to meet a traveling companion, then off to a pristine beach for several months, would be inexpensive for me and a wonderful, profitable vacation for some young lady stuck in a room for 4, working in a factory for peanuts.

I have lived in Cebu City for several years. A lot of the place is little more than a garbage dump. Much worse than Pattaya, if you can imagine that? All decent beaches are several hours away, unless you include the artificial ones in places like Shangri La on Mactan island. There are many attractive poor women here, but they don't have money for nightclubs etc. So you may have to meet them online, initially. Most are after marriage. For a short encounter, there are several go-go bars in the city. These are generally more laid back and cheaper than the Thai equivalent.

It has always been my experience that the better looking gals are NOT working girls (try hanging out at BTS Siam or Victory Monument stations for instance). So seeing *nothing* attractive to me in day-to-day life over three weeks, I felt it not worth my while to be bothered looking at some mutts in a crappy gogo bar. :dunno:

My plan for the forseeable future is to get in and out of there as quick as possible! Thanks for confirming I was not missing anything.

Cheers,

SD

I can't really comment on Cebu, having never been there, but I find it hard to believe you wouldn't see at least a few hotties walking around the streets. Nevertheless, even Manila in no way compares to Bangkok as far as eye candy is concerned (and I like Flips too). Perhaps Suadders is just spoiled. :surprised:

Maybe certain bars in Cebu, if someone can point them out, have better lookers than the average office girl. After all, Cebu has a vast area to recruit from, but the bars have a different criteria than the offices. :hubba: :dunno:

I remember rerading on PIATNIGHT that this dude was at cebu and having a great time as girls were approaching him in shopping malls and he didnt feel the need to go to the AC. he even posted a photo of one of his cebu conquests and she was really cute.

However, a mate of mine went to cebu recentlyt and said he didnt see anything. he actually kissed a ladyboy but thats another story

Archived