Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Hippie

Calling a mobile in Indonesia

I am trying to call a mobile phone in Indonesia. I am dialing 011 (from the USA) then 62, then 813, followed by 8 numbers. Does this sound right? for some reason, the calls aren't going through. Just wondering if I addedm or left off a digit...?

813 is a code for mobile phones.

you may check here

You dial the number and nothing happens?

I just tried to call a phone number within the 813 range a number I got from the net, and had to try several times until I got the ringing tone.

Seemed like the lines of some cheap call-by-call providers I tried were all busy. I choose one call-by-call provider which was slightly more expensive than others and got through immediately. Got the ringing tone and killed the call. I hope that guy is not making the mistake and calling back.

I tried with a phone card, and dialing direct, got some message in English and Indonesian saying "...sorry this number is not working, please check and try again..." or something like that...

Either you got the number wrong or it's about the prepaid plan. You know, when the credit wasn't topped up it's still possible to receive incomming calls for some time and after that the number is cut off.

Who knows?