Bangkok Dangerous, the remake

gobbledonk

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that as well. Uncle is Francis Ford Coppola. Personally I do not think he is a good actor, at least in many of the movies he has done. As someone else said, he seems to take any part that pays him the millions he doesn't deserve. But many do the same really. There's tons of shit coming out of Hollywood these days. Worse than ever. He is much better in light comedy really and should stick to it. As a tough guy he just has no credibility or look for it in my opinion. This movie was laughable, although meant to be taken seriously. It sucked. There were a few moments that worked, but these were not Cage moments but the Thai actors. Lame.

He must just take all scripts that are sent his way ... :p

Years ago in a print interview Jack Lemmon was essentially asked why (my paraphrase) he accepted roles in movies with those fucking shit scripts.

His reply was, you ought to read all the fucking shit scripts I don't do!!!

-redwood

OK, didn't mean it but i'll look like the devil's advocate once again. The program in BKK movie theatres is generally appalling , or to put it diferently quite typical of the raffinated local culture.

Went today to watch Bangkok Dangerous in the Paragon great VIP theatre, whichseats are luckily comfortable enough to take a rest when the movie is utterly boring, but it wasn't actually so unpleasant. Not worse at least than what I'm used to watch in BKK.

They could have cut most of the scenes with the deaf pharmacist though, it sucked big time, and perhaps Nicholas Cage should sue the Pang brothers for making him appear so ugly on screen... but again nothing to bad...

Faustian, my favourite native angrit lecturer, be a sweet heart and correct the spelling.

I am planning on seeing a movie today and thought about this one. I will probably end up seeing something else. I plan on seeing it eventually just not today. If I stop by the grocery store on the way back home and the bootleg guy has a copy of it I'll pick it up.

By the way according to wiki: Nicolas Cage (born Nicholas Kim Coppola on January 7, 1964...Through his father, Cage is the nephew of director Francis Ford Coppola and actress Talia Shire, as well as the cousin of directors Roman Coppola, and Sofia Coppola and actors Robert Carmine and Jason Schwartzman

Nick might be connected, but apparently not with audiences.

Nicolas Cage bombs at box office with "Bangkok"

Less than a year after starring in the biggest movie of his volatile career, Nicolas Cage led the North American box office to its worst weekend in five years on Sunday with one of his weakest.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20080907/122082249400.html

HH

Archived