Tennis: a classic choke/submission

Tiger Moth

And, since then hasn't made it past the 3rd round in any tournament.

Andy Roddick

Born: August 30, 1982

Birth City: Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Height: 6-2

Weight: 195 lbs.

Hand: R

Pro Debut Year: 2000

ATP World Ranking: #8

Ranked number 8 and falling...

He will still work hard, maybe stay in the top 10 a while longer. But, I can't believe even Roddick thinks he will ever win another major or come close to #1. He won't disgrace himself. He will make his millions but, its now about making money and not being disgraced. It is not about achievement.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You still around, TM??

ATP World Ranking: #8

Ranked number 8 and falling...

Now over 7 months later and.......

Birthplace: Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Residence: Austin, Texas, USA

Height: 6'2" (188 cm)

Weight: 195 lbs (88 kg)

Plays: Right-handed

Turned Pro: 2000

Coach: Larry Stefanki

Singles Ranking #6

United States

I'm sure I'll eat crow later but for now....he's in the quarters of Wimbldeon about to play a tourney unranked but playing wonderfully Lleyton Hewitt.

Did you see the Murray v Wawrinka match last night? Wow, great match. Didn't finish until 1.45am here. I really thought it was over for Murray when it went to a 5th set. Fortunately I was wrong. :relieved:

I'm not really a fan of Roddick. His game relies almost totally on his serve and his matches, particularly on grass, can be pretty boring to watch. :whatever:

Roddick's through to the semis. Playing Murray next will be a tremendous test. Both are playing well. Murray looked a little rough at the beginning of his quarter-final match but picked it up enough to get the win. Roddick won a 5 setter from Hewitt. He beat Hewitt at Queens just 3 weeks ago 7-6, 7-6 before he had to retire with a foot injury to James Blake.

Anyway, after that little wrap-up, let's see if my buddy Roddick has what it takes to beat the 22 year old kid Murray to have the chance to face probably Roger Federer, the greatest to ever play the game.

....Murray looked a little rough at the beginning of his quarter-final match but picked it up enough to get the win....

Apart from a tight first set it was a very comfortable, in fact easy, win for Murray.

....Anyway, after that little wrap-up, let's see if my buddy Roddick has what it takes to beat the 22 year old kid Murray....

Murray's going to have to be off his game for Roddick to win. Roddicks too one dimensional. Could still be a good match though.

That's why I said he looked rough early. First set=early?? No?? :smirk:

I will agree it will not be easy to beat Murray but I wouldn't say Murray would have to be off. You can, but not me. All things equal if they each play their best game, Roddick wins. He has a BIG serve, a BIG forehand and average other shots. But he has more experience. Murray has above average shots but not great. It will be fun to watch..disclaimer...if they both play well.

.... Murray has above average shots but not great....

C'mon Troy, you've got to be kidding me. You don't get to No.3 in the world and a winning record against Federer with shots that aren't great! I would say that Murray has an array of great shots. :thumbup:

Just an update after the first set, MM, in case you're not able to watch. Roddick wins it 6-4 but Murray was just a bit off. Getting Roddick's serve back but just missing his shots into the net a bit more than normal....let's see how the 2nd set goes.

edit......Murray up a break and now hitting his shots. Roddick looks like he's in for a long second set.

Archived