Manila Info and comments please

Tiger Moth

I have never been to Manila and am thinking of going. Please help with the following:

Someone recently told me the following: "Manilla, best bar ever LA Café, stay in Casablanca for $350 a month directly across street. Also, Robinson mall, many ladies will approach you.".

Please comment.

Also, is it possible to get a proper massage with a proper massage table (face cutout so spine in properly aligned) and would such a place include a sauna? Price?

Is there anyplace to exercise? A nice long walk with some scenery and decent air quality would be ideal but if not, any good health clubs available? If good health club is available, any idea of the price for weekly, monthly, one time usage?

Thanks very much

Tige, sure there are heaps of freelancers in the LA Cafe, there are other smaller bars around the area with a few interesting Philippino live music places.

I don't know about any genuine massage places or health clubs but you're a short walk from the waterfront with decent walks along the bay.

To be honest I never felt safe walking there, even during the day it seemed like the sharks were circling.

Personally I'd jump a bus or a cab and head for Angeles City. The girls are all subject to STD checks and there's a thousand or so expats there, a lot with bad backs, who'll be able to direct you to a legit massage place.

It's close to Subic Bay where you can walk on the beach and swim to your heart's content.

Archived