Manila vs Angeles City vs ?

Tiger Moth

As I indicated in a previous post, I have never been to Manila. In fact, I have never been to the Philipphines.

So, for those who have, do you prefer Manila or do you prefer Angeles City? Please explain your preference.

Also, are there other alternatives with nightlife, maybe not in great quantity, but, with better environment (nice beaches, less expensive or ....)?

Thank you very much for any info.

I've been to both, and have no desire to revisit either.

Been to Manila for biz. the 5 star hotels are very nice. Peninsula, Oriental, and are islands of tranquility in a sea of chaos. Manila is really bizarre ... brutal traffic, crushing poverty (you should see the parks at night as they literally fill up with the homeless), a sense of impending danger (literally every shop with 50 pesos in the till employs a guard armed with a sawed-off shotgun), and yet the waterfront restaurants are delightful. The sanuk scene is is completely forgettable.

I went to AC for a weekend just to check it out ... what a shithole! It makes Pattaya look like a high-brow destination. Other than the fact that the girls are cheap and they speak English, the negatives, IMHO, outwiegh the positives. To wit ...

1) The Locals - Never have I run across a more motley selection of expats and locals. The expats are typically down-on-their-luck retirees trying to eek their way thru their last years with as much pussy for as little money as possible. The locals make tuk tuk drivers look like Mother Theresa.

2) The Girls - Seem to fall into one of three categories: a) Cherry Girls, who are the best looking girls in the bars and who will gladly accept lady drinks. But when it is time to retire to the hotel, they announce that they are Cherry and do not go with customers. UGH! B) Porkers - Apparently the Flip diet has lotsa sugar, starch and fat, and does not lead to slender body types. c) The occasional stunna - good luck finding her!

3) The food - It sucks. Period.

4) Other stuff do do - There isn't anything else to do, other than get laid.

5) Hotels - Overpriced and pretty crappy

6) Ambiance - Like Manila, it feels dangerous. Lotsa armed guards in view. Really dirty too.

7) Bars - NO SHOWING!

Angles is fun it is not sophisticated but there are lots and lots of girls some ugly some pretty some fun some not so, there are few raving nymphos as well as cherry girls and star fish It is now much cheaper than Thailand and it does have overtones of Pattaya say ten years ago, There are now some quite good hotels: Top end ABC, Wild Orchid and Pacific Breeze, cheaper try Central park. Orchid and Bangkok (new). Food is limited in options. Most people think that a week is enough.

Bar fine 1300 peso long time and includes for girl. 500 peso tip in morning appreciated.

Drinks: beer @ 90 peso spirits @ 150 Peso

45 peso = $1

Best bars: Angelwitch, Lollipop, Gecko

Manila. Burgos street Makati is seriously over priced only worth while bar is Rogues. Stay Oxford Suites. There is a bar complex at Edsa which is cheaper and more fun. But Manila is on the whole a shit hole.

I am in Angles for a few months as I wanted to get out of BKK for a while to work on something and I did not want somewhere with too many distractions. Okay there are 1,000's of em but after a while it gets boring and that is the point!

Archived