True ISP caching issue?

Stickman

I generally find True to be ok as an ISP and the transfer speeds I get are consistently the full speeds that I pay for.

I do however seem to have another problem, and that is one of True caching content.

There are perhaps 20 sites I check out regularly, a dozen or so sites, many are big news site likes The Times, BBC, New Zealand Herald etc as well as a bunch of forums.

Over the past week about half of the sites (NOT forums) I visit are showing a cached version from early to mid last week. I cleared out the cache in Firefox and IE, tried restarting the computer etc but it continues to show the cached version.

Frustrated, I took out my backup laptop that I have not used for a few months and used that to connect to the internet (this was not part of a network but direct to the internet with the other laptop now turned off and unplugged) and guess what, I STILL get the old cached versions of these pages. This is damned frustrating as I cannot read the news from some major news sources.

My guess is that True is caching these pages and has some sort of weird individual cache for users. I cannot imagine that anyone else accessing the net locally through True is also seeing cached versions of these pages.

So, my question is, are there any settings I can change in Firefox that forces it to open the latest version of the page direct from the server and not from what I presume is a page on Trueâ??s cache server?

Archived