Hua Hin area accomodations

Tiger Moth

I would appreciate any recommendations on a nice place to stay for a few days that is comfortable but not supper expensive. I am not looking for a wonderful, expensive spa. Just a room in a well maintained facility.

I have a car and will be driving to Hua Hin. So, 20 or 30 km from Hua Hin in either direction is no problem.

I will be going there to check out the area with the idea of potentially moving there. I did a post a couple of years ago, asking for people's opinion of the best place to live in Thailand.

Several suggested an area South of Hua Hin where there is a National Park and a fishing village. Renting a house in this area or a large, nice condo, is what I have in mind. But, from what I know, never having been there, just from the information gained in the post I made a couple of years ago, 20 or 30 km to the North of Hua Hin might also be very nice.

Further, if you happen to know anyone who might help me find places(houses for rent, condos for rent) to consider, I would appreciate that info as well.

Naturally, I would like to avoid those in business who sell, rent, houses or condos to falangs at much more than their market value.

Any info or help... thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in Hua Hin you have a broad choice from Sofitel, Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton etc. (4000 THB up) over smaller hotels like Peony, PP Villa, Sirin etc. (around 1000-1500) to many guesthouses (<1000 THB).

if you want to stay outside the centers, the newly refurbished Novotel and Holiday Inn (both between ChaAm and Hua Hin might be a good choice (around 2000 in low season).

if you want to stay as indicated South of Hua Hin do a search on hotels in Pranburi and Kuiburi. best one is Evason but a bit pricey. i do not know others but there are nowadays many nice ones. why not just walk in and choose what you like? it is low season and there are always rooms

Fcuk the Hyatt. I stayed for months in Hyatt's during my business career and had something like 350,000 points. Which, without notice to me, the Hyatt decided were expired and now I had 0 points.

Had something similar happen with American Airlines, if your account was not active for 2 years, you lost your points. One could donate $25 to the USO and keep one's account active. Which I did.

Somewhere along the line, AA changed, without notice, from 2 years to 18 months... and there went my points.

If I can avoid it, I will never stay in a Hyatt again and I will never fly AA again!!!

That'll show 'em. 2 multibillion dollar international companies losing a customer who admittedly rarely uses their services. No offense, TM, but big business cares nothing about you and me.

I agree 350k points with Hyatt I'm sure was alot of stays but if they weren't willing to notify you or even play ball when you notified them, they couldn't care less. And AA, as an ex-airline guy, when someone told me "I'll never fly NorthWORST again", I certainly didn't lose sleep over it. In fact, I was happier for it as I didn't have to deal with another dickhead.

Bottom line.....multinational cooperations could NOT CARE LESS if we don't come back. They are after big accounts only.

Archived