Hua Hin area accomodations

Tiger Moth

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree and disagree. The fact is, I will never be a significant customer again. So, I agree. But, neither Hyatt nor AA know this will be the case.

Previously I was a consultant and had to fly to my client every Sunday, stay in a hotel (actually, I chose Marriott if I could - Hyatt was a good alternative). Then, I would fly back home on Friday. Sunday, start all over again

I was premier with several chains.

Only Marriott has "respected" the business I brought to them. 2 months ago, I was in the US, I still have a few Marriott points, not many and Marriott still came through with excellent service. I can't imagine I will ever resume my travel career, but, if I do, Marriott will get my business. And, if I ever meet a young guy starting a travel career, I will say, "use Marriott whenever you get a chance".

Moreover, if I ever decide to splurge and stay in a resort hotel, Marriott will be my choice.

So, I agree, I am insignificant and Hyatt and AA treat me as such,... but, I have had a consultant career and have spent years in hotels and used airlines weekly. If I meet a young guy starting out, I will recommend Marriott and explain why.

With my points, Hyatt would have only put me in a room that would have been empty otherwise, AA would have only put me in a seat that would have been empty otherwise. No cost to them. Just goodwill, which they have lost.

If I were to invest in a hotel chain, I would invest in Marriott, not Hyatt. Which will do better in the long run, I'd bet on Marriott.

The Hyatt used to be called the Melia. Stayed there about twelve years ago.

WRONG!

the former Melia is now a Hilton and in the city center close to the Sofitel.

the Hyatt is pretty new and outside town towards Takiab!

:o:o

I stand corrected. Hilton it is. I used to like staying at the condo complex just where the road forks off to Khao Takiab; the kids liked the interconnected swimming pools. Unfortunately they don't rent out any more.

Lots of good accomodation around, just decide whether you want to be near town or not, and book ahead if in high season. Low season is not a problem.

This is a good hotel as well can recommend

Puangpen (a.k.a. PP) Villa Hotel

The spacious rooms here have cable TV, air con and a fridge with minibar â?? and a large swimming pool is on the premises. Rooms start at 850 Baht. 11 Damnoen Kasem Road, tel 032 511 216.

walking distance to all

This is a good hotel as well can recommend

Puangpen (a.k.a. PP) Villa Hotel

The spacious rooms here have cable TV, air con and a fridge with minibar â?? and a large swimming pool is on the premises. Rooms start at 850 Baht. 11 Damnoen Kasem Road, tel 032 511 216.

walking distance to all

Agreed. Good modest hotel in good location. I have stayed myself. There are a bunch in this area and one can just walk down the Soi or across street and find another. Many right in this location. I actually had breakfast every morning at hotel across street.

Tuk Tuks hang out on corner. Sofitel is one block away. Take a walk throught the Sofitel. Beautiful restored hotel on ocean. Nice grounds.

PP doesn't have a lift. If you're on the top floor, and come home from a hard night at XXXX street with your GF du nuit, it is a long climb. Otherwise OK.

Another OK one same side of the street, 300 m closer to the main road. Many happy memories there. Also no lift.

Spent some time there with a gal whose name i translated in my TR as 'little rice field'. Wrong.

Her really nickname was 'custard apple'.

Very pretty, but starfish.

Archived