A Month in Cambodia & No Sex?

jonjon058

The wife's family must been dancing of joy. That's like winning the jackpot. They even did need to provide a young Khmer beauty.

I think your idea is great to have him moving to Cambo. A few months in PP - or even better in the country side - will give him a reality check.

My friend is back. How did it go? Exactly as I, and probably most on this board, would have predicted. After meeting for the first time and spending 21 days with this girl, who he can barely understand, he is married to her. He came back wearing a ring and showing wedding photos. I am not sure how official the wedding was but he is now working on getting her a visa to come here.

Trying to talk him out of this is pointless as it would just make him angry. So I was about to wish him well until I saw the photo. I was imagining some young thing in her 20's. Instead the woman is at least 45 (claiming to be 34) and she is not a looker at all. Just to make sure that I wasn't being overly critical I asked a fellow sanuker for his opinion. He took one look at her photo and said that he thought it was a guy and then he said "nice try" because he was sure that I was putting him on.

Now I am really tempted to advise my friend to postpone the visa. Instead take a year or two off and go live in Cambodia with her. He has enough money and doesn't care about his current job. He has actually talked about taking a year off to go do volunteer work anyway. I think this would be a good test to see if the girl bolts. Also, after a year or two in Cambodia he'd have a much better perspective on what he is about to do.

• 2 weeks later...
Just how stupid is this guy?

That still remains to be seen. He is hitting new levels each day. I found out that when he was there she said he wasn't allowed to kiss her or even hold her hand until after he promised to marry her. That convinced him that she was a good girl. :doah:

Archived