do young thai ladys marry old thai men?

belfastish

just curious,i havent been to other parts of thailand with out the falang/bar scene :shocked: .

thai ladys go on about they dont care about age etc if he has good heart etc :sleeping:

so do you ever see thai ladys in there 20's dating a thai man the same age as the father or older?

or is it just classed ok and normal with a falang as he is supporting the family? :hmmm:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mia noi system is very strong in northern Thailand where men tend to have more money than in Isaan.

Two of my wife's brothers have girlfriends that they keep, both considerably younger than themselves. One in particular was still attending high school last time I looked.

I've seen it here often enough to see it is more common than in the states. Most are within a few years of each other's age, but many divorcees and widowers marry a younger woman, some have mia nois (those that can afford the option), most looking for something younger and strange go to the many massage parlors, agogos, sing a song joints, and karaokes... all of which have some percentage of take away options or in-house options or nearby ST hotels. These options are available throughout most of Thailand, even in the more remote village areas.

The good thing about Thailand is these options are available, and are mostly not outrageously expensive. There are all sorts of levels. Some older men take the marriage option if they have no wife.

interesting,i just couldnt picture the father thinking its normal for a man the same age with his daughter but then again its thailand,nothing is a surprise.

It's not just in Thailand but happens in many countries. Perhaps the perception of normal really depends on where one come from and is clouded by ones own narrow horizons? From a Thai perspective it might seem rather abnormal not to be hanging out with a stunning young mia noi younger than one's daughter if one has the means and support to do so.

all of which have some percentage of take away options or in-house options or nearby ST hotels. These options are available throughout most of Thailand, even in the more remote village areas.

This interests me on several levels but a question. With all these places in smaller towns or indeed as you say even remote village areas I wonder how much of what goes on is telegraphed throughout the community.

One of the wife's sisters, the eldest, has a husband who recently fessed up to banging some woman in the next village, he's in his sixties, the woman he's been banging about 40 something apparently. What struck me as strange was how they had been able to keep this a secret for so long, about 3 years it seems, two adjacent villages in up country Thailand and having seen the way they gossip seems odd that nobody knew.

My observation is that rather that getting divorced the Thai men find a mia noi as is was said before . The tendency to get rid of the missus in favour of marrying a younger lady is more of a western tendency I think . I support the latter system as there is much less damage involved . :closemouth:

To come back on the issue of the original poster : in all Asian countries age does not matter that much , a young lass would always marry a much older individual providing he offers social advantage .

Archived