Australian Man survives Flesh Eating Lizards In Laos

Torneyboy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
'Hundreds' of 'Flesh-eating lizards' and all they managed to get was some skin off his feet ? I assume you've heard the stories of Komodo Dragons in Indonesia bringing down buffalo ? Dude' date=' THAT is flesh-eating lizard ! [/quote']

They also managed to eat a French tourist once and only left his sneakers. :grin:

Knowing the French I'm not surprised. :barf:

I managed to escape being attacked by flesh eating lizards when I lived in Lao, I'd assume that any carnivorous or omnivorous rain forest creature would attack any other animal that was in a weakened condition.

Unfortunately the story gives the impression of the pack of mini raptors chirping like budgies before eating that guy alive in Jurassic Park.

200px-Misc-procompsognathus-amoswolfe.jpg

Reading the Wikipedia entry on the dragon makes it even more formidable than I had previously thought, possibly second only to the Nile Crocodile among reptiles (IMO). Wikipedia doesnt always get it right, but this is a truly frightening vision:

The largest verified wild specimen was 3.13 meters (10 ft 3 in) long and weighed 166 kilograms (365 lb), including undigested food

Hopefully, the 'undigested food' didnt have opposable thumbs ...

Archived