Philippnies vs Pattaya

Tiger Moth

I have posted a couple of topics seeking info on the Philippines (Manila, Angeles City, Cebu) and signed on to one of the Fili forums.

My impression is that there is little available in the Philippines that is not also in Pattaya. But, my impression is that there is also less to do, it is more dirty, congested.

Have I missed something. Is there any reason to go to the Philipines?

I do have the impression that there are many beautiful islands and inexpensive accommodations, but, who wants to stay alone?

Yet from what I can determine, Manila and Angeles and Cebu might be the source of companionship, but they each seem worse than Pattaya (which is pretty bad in itself). So, unless I am missing something, and I hope I am, I will give it a pass.

Julian2?

I have been to Manila several times, Baguio once and Borocay once. Staying in Manila, I always found a girl. And yes as you said, it is dirty, congested and I did not feel too safe walking around alone at night.

Baguio I had help getting a girl and wouldn't know where to go to find one if I was alone. Beautiful in the mountains though. Very nice and relatively cool.

Borocay was absolutely beautiful. Very small island and don't know if P4P even exists. I'm sure it does but again wouldn't know where to look if I was alone. That trip I took a girl from Bangkok with me to make sure I was "looked after".

If you are asking for suggestions either Philippines or Pattaya..........I would say go to Pattaya. I have only been there twice but feel I would have a much better time there than staying in the Philippines.

TM,

Just do it - if nothing else, you will be able to form your own opinion and have a frame of reference when someone mentions PI. I avoided Bali for many years based on the fact that everyone else in Oz has been there (3 times ..), but I'm glad I finally went. Its another destination crossed off the list - next stop Vietnam.

Gobble

I wonder, what difference, if any, the religious backgrounds of both countries impact/affect the gals and/or any relationship with them.

Cant really comment on that but I dont like the crime reports I read when I go to some of the PI expat sites : its all so matter-of-fact when someone is shot in the head over there ....

Trouble can find you anywhere, no argument, but murder is normally treated as a reasonably big deal here in Oz. Apparently its no biggie in PI.

yeah just do it,im the same i like to try places i want to go to but in los i know what im going to get a will have a good time.

im off to los on 3rd oct for 2 weeks then i booked bali for one week on the way home,so i gets both places looked at(should really have went to bali first i think though) :banghead:

ive booked for pi 28th dec for a week,was going to do 2 weeks in pi but have cut it too 1 week due to bad reports aswell,but i have 2-3months travel so i can adjust my flights or go back if i like it.

if it was just a yearly 2 week holiday im not sure if i would just go to pi instead of los :shakehead

Archived